This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GFAQs Team - Pokemon 1 Voting

#1SorceressTharjaPosted 8/28/2013 11:27:57 AM
Reminder: The Team is Bulky Offense

How to Vote:
-You choose a first, second, third pick. First picks will be rated 3, second 2, first 1. Pokemon with the highest rating is added to the team. If you don't pick 3, your vote does not count.
-Pokemon with ratings close to first will be automatically carried over to the next Pokemon thread.

So basically your votes will look like this:
1: YacheChomp
2: Status Conkelldurr
3: CM Latias

That's it.

The Contenders

YacheDance Garchomp

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang / Aqua Tail

Nothing screams bulky offense than Garchomp.

Calm Mind Latias

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Dragon Pulse
-Substitute

Reason: Sub-CM Latias is very bulky specially but can also do serious damage. Not much to steel types though. Could run Hp-fire instead of sub.

Belly Drum Snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Impish (-Sp.Att,+Def)
Thick Fat/Immunity
252 HP/248 Def/10 Def
- Belly Drum
- Stockpile
- Rest
- Body Slam

This guy here is Bulky Offense. After 3 Stockpiles the only thing that can damage it are Critical Hits (so Lucky Chant support is always nice but not needed). It takes skill to play him as you need to make sure Ghosts are gone and know when you can set up. Thick Fat is good so you do not take extra damage from Fire and Ice but Immunity makes sure you will not get Toxic on ya (that huts no matter what).

No Guard Machamp

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant
- Substitute
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Thunderpunch

Reasoning: Machamp is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear bulky offensive. Despite being UU he can catch many unprepared OU teams off guard. He'll likely survive any hit the opponent's lead can dish out, allowing him to set up a sub and begin to tear through their team with DynamiclPunch. The days of the Anti-Lead Machamp have passed, but that only means less people expect it. Machamp won't make it to the end of most battles, but the damage he causes as the opponent tries to take him down can make the rest of the battle easy pickings for your remaining pokemon.

Status Orb Conkeldurr

Conkeldurr @ Toxic orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant nature
- Mach punch
- Drain punch
- Stone Edge
- Facade

This setup really does it's best under trick room, particularly, but it still is worth considering for any bulky offense team. Mach punch is a strong priority move to ignore his awful speed for finishing blows. Drain punch helps recover lost health from poison, and is his strongest STAB move. Stone edge deals with flying types who think they can switch in on him. Facade is a powerful move to counter pokemon that resist his other moves, especially psychic types. If this becomes a TR team then switch his nature to brave and make his speed IV's 0.

---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#2SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 11:29:35 AM

Swords Dance Scizor

Scizor@Muscle Band
Trait:Technician
EVs: 252 hp/atk, 4 spdef
IVs: 31 all
Nature: Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Swords Dance
-Roost
Reasoning: Scizor can not only go offensive off the bat with Muscle Band, but can also set up a SD sweep if given the opportunity.

ChestoRest Escavalier

Escavalier@Chesto Berry
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 hp, 252 spdef, 8 atk
IVs: 31 all
Nature: Careful
-Megahorn
-Iron Head
-Iron Defense
-Rest
Reasoning: Escavalier has more mixed bulk than Scizor, giving him a niche as a wall. His base 135 atk still leaves a dent when uninvested, and Iron Defense when combined with a specially defensive spread makes it difficult to leave a dent on. The RestoChesto combo can be used for either stalling the opponent out, healing statuses like burns, or healing after stacking Iron Defense boosts. Shell Armor is very useful, as it makes sure Escavalier doesn't get a premature ending with a lucky crit.

All-Out Bouffalant

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
Adamant Nature
-Head Charge/Return
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Wild Charge/Megahorn

Suicide Nuke Staraptor

Staraptor @ Choice Band
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Brave Bird
-Double Edge/Return
-U-Turn
-Close Combat.

Offensive Heatran

Heatran @ Leftovers or Air Balloon, depending on team support
252 SAtk/ 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
Timid
Fire Blast
Earth Power
HP Ice/Grass (again, depending on team support)
Stealth Rock

Credits to Smogon, I'd forgotten a standard set for Heatran. Anyways, Heatran can switch into various attacks due to its resistances and Flash Fire. While the ubiquitous rain teams are present alongside Garchomp, Dugtrio and other Ground-types I feel Heatran's strengths are worth having. It can block two statuses (Burn and Poison). Finally, if another bulky Pokemon is chosen for the team to set up Rocks, Heatran can run Taunt or Toxic instead

---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67092684 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#3SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 11:30:06 AM

Shell Smash Cloyster

Cloyster w/ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Hydro Pump

SubDance Gyarados

Gyarados@Leftovers
Ability:Intimidate
Nature:Jolly
ev's:88HP/248Atk/4Def/168Spe
-Substitute/Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Bounce

The standard bulky Gyara. Can run another set but this one is arguably the most effective. Also, its very easy to pick teammates around Gyarados. He's a beast that's actually a threat and can do something and is actually bulky and not walled by every physical wall.

---
#4MrFingers07Posted 8/28/2013 11:35:54 AM
1: YacheChomp
2: DD Gyarados
3: SD Scizor

Also can we make slight modifications to the Pokemon themselves? Like I want the Scizor to have Superpower, instead of Bug Bite or replace the nature of Gyarados to Moxie.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#5Lone_HunterPosted 8/28/2013 11:40:57 AM
1: Suicide Nuke Raptor
2: ChestoResto Escavilier
3: Belly Drum Snorlax
---
~Elite Divided Leader / TFC: Street Fighter / PBL: Wiseman~(W2)2924-7521-0718
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLinkhawkins
#6GameNinjaGuyPosted 8/28/2013 11:42:24 AM
1: CM Latias
2: SD Scizor
3: SubDance Gyarados
---
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!
#7SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 11:43:53 AM
MrFingers07 posted...
Also can we make slight modifications to the Pokemon themselves? Like I want the Scizor to have Superpower, instead of Bug Bite or replace the nature of Gyarados to Moxie.

Obviously you'll be free to make any modifications you want to the team. You don't have to use it exactly.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67102553 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#8SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 11:45:35 AM
Um. I hope no-one minds if I throw my 0.02 in.

1) YacheChomp
2) Offensive Heatran
3) SubDance Gyarados
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67102553 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#9_KGC_Posted 8/28/2013 11:57:56 AM
1) Garchomp
2) Latias
3) Scizor
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#10uuurrrgghPosted 8/28/2013 12:06:14 PM
1- RestoChesto Escavalier, biased creator is biased
2- CM Latias, since I've had lots of success with any set for Latias
3- YacheChomp, can be a powerful lead
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441