This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wild Pokemon with Egg Moves?

#1gladwyn101Posted 8/28/2013 2:01:42 PM
How would you feel if GameFreak decided to allow wild Pokemon to have Egg Moves? - Results (70 votes)
I love this idea.
25.71% (18 votes)
I like this idea.
40% (28 votes)
I'm neutral about this idea.
22.86% (16 votes)
I don't like this idea.
5.71% (4 votes)
I hate this idea.
5.71% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Honestly, having this just makes sense given how moves are passed down, yet we never see wild Pokemon of the same species and similar level with distinctly varying movesets.

What, are all wild Pokemon the offspring of a Ditto and a female Pokemon of their species? Cause that's the only way to completely avoid Egg Moves and TM moves being passed onto offspring.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#2allhailbenderPosted 8/28/2013 2:05:55 PM
I like the sound of it, adds a little variety to wild battle plus makes breeding a bit easier for some
---
The things some people say...
#3NessEggmanPosted 8/28/2013 2:05:55 PM
I think it would be cool if wild Pokémon had a random set of 4 moves based on all the moves they could possibly learn prior to their current level, not just the 4 most recent ones or whatever. But certain moves, like the hidden ones you need to unlock through tutor that are learned at level 1 or whatever, maybe won't be available. But definitely egg moves and stuff. Not TM, of course, because those are not "natural."

Though I guess you could argue that a male Pokémon knowing TM moves could be released into wild by its trainer... idk.

There's also no evidence in the game that wild Pokémon breed in the same manner as captive Pokémon. For all we know, there could be a Poke-stork that drops off Pokémon into the wild... or a portal that new Pokémon jump out of into the wild from time to time... the eggs may only come about during captivity, and wild Pokémon may not grow or develop moves the same as their human-controlled counterparts.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#4v100FirstBladePosted 8/28/2013 2:35:29 PM
As long as it's nothing ridic like Aron w/ Head Smash in the first cave right away, it'd be p. cool.
---
Just give me Sky Jump, and you're good to go!
#5Proto_SparkPosted 8/30/2013 6:23:06 PM
I'm all for it, but it may cause some trouble when people are trying to weaken that Growlithe for Capture when it pulls out a Close Combat and KO's you pokemon.