This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skrelp and Clauncher Discussion

#21swordsman126Posted 8/28/2013 2:53:28 PM
I took a **** earlier that looked a lot like Skrelp.
---
Currently playing SMT4, MH3U, FE:A and eagerly awaiting Pokemon X
Remember kids, there's no kill like overkill.
#22MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 2:54:12 PM
swordsman126 posted...
I took a **** earlier that looked a lot like Skrelp.

Can I see a picture?
---
Love me long time.
#23CenedarprimePosted 8/28/2013 2:54:17 PM
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
Plus, it's Froakie coloring is very off-putting :/

I...you...what? WHAT!? (Head explodes)

In all seriousness though, Clauncher's coloring bothers you? I'm not mad by that or anything, but you are aware that a similar coloring appears on the majority of water Pokemon, right? If this is a joke though, well done. Made my head spin for a moment...

That being said, back to topic! I am definitely going with Clauncher. I have been waiting for a pistol shrimp or mantis shrimp Pokemon for a while now. If you wanna know why, wiki them.
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
PSN name: Cenedar. Let it be known that I am a proud Green Lantern user.
#24GT308Posted 8/28/2013 2:54:22 PM
To me, Clauncher looks just like another Corphish/Crawdaunt, with another colour scheme. I think the design looks good, but i just get the feeling that it's more of the same. I'll have to wait and see where they go with its evolution and its typing, which has the potential to be really good.

On the other hand, Skrelp might be a based partially on a Seahorse like Horsea, but it's alot more appealing to me than Clauncher...i mean, that little thing pretends to be a seaweed and when opponents swim by, it "bathes them in poison so they can't struggle when it attacks"...i love it!
#25MissCarriage(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 2:59:28 PM
Yes its just so devious and deadly!
---
Love me long time.
#26Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 8/28/2013 2:59:34 PM
MissCarriage posted...
Rayquaza_is_Z posted...
I agree. Clauncher is so plain looking, but at the same time it has a somewhat intricate design as well. But, it still is nothing compared to Skrelp. Plus, it's Froakie coloring is very off-putting :/
Skrelp has just so much potential and I like how it also looks very unconventional. Skrelp is definitely a step in the right direction in terms of Pokemon designs. The people who say it's ugly, just do not get ART (masterpiece)

Right!? I feel like Skrelp is the first GF design that has really clung onto me in a LONG time. Its just so simple but also so unconventional and interesting. When I first saw I just fell in love with it. I love the scraggy look it has going for it and its potential evolution(s) are sure to impress.

Yes, I know what you mean. I loved Scraggy the moment I saw it and Pokemon like these are what draws me into them as well. 'Til this day, Scraggy and Scrafty are still one of my favorite Pokemon in existence, since they greatly stand out ;)

Cenedarprime posted...
I...you...what? WHAT!? (Head explodes)

In all seriousness though, Clauncher's coloring bothers you? I'm not mad by that or anything, but you are aware that a similar coloring appears on the majority of water Pokemon, right? If this is a joke though, well done. Made my head spin for a moment...

That being said, back to topic! I am definitely going with Clauncher. I have been waiting for a pistol shrimp or mantis shrimp Pokemon for a while now. If you wanna know why, wiki them.

You know how some people say drab green is very off-putting and irritating? Well the sky pale-ish blue coloring Clauncher and Froakie both possess has that effect on me :/
Sorry, I just hate that type of coloring. Either way, most water types are darker blue anyway.
---
3DS_FC_1907-8641-1413
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
#27HardHorseJamPosted 8/28/2013 3:03:17 PM
I really like both. I slightly prefer Skrelp, but I'm getting X and I definitely like Clauncher a lot.
#28-Chespear-Posted 8/28/2013 3:05:51 PM
hyperdimeduck posted...
Clauncher. The other one looks ugly.

---
Official Linoone of the Pokemon X/Y boards!
"Poison is my least favorite ty-Oops English post!"-TherianGuardian
#29Pikablu45Posted 8/28/2013 3:14:10 PM
It's going to depend on which evolution I prefer...if Skreply is a two-stage evolution pocket monster then I will use Skreply if he isn't then Clauncher's my pocket monster.
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#30seriouspancakePosted 8/28/2013 3:23:02 PM
I f*cking LOVE Clauncher and Skrelp, they single handeldly at first glance became my 2nd and 3rd most favourite pokemons !!!!

Clauncher and Skrelp are like the perfect duo, I see them as like 2 grumps who are pissed off about everything, they would seem like the pair that would make side villains in pokemon mystery dungeon games (like zubat and koffing)

I personally like clauncher more then I like skrelp just because clauncher looks more sleaker in design, and just nicer to look at imo

another thing I LOVE about them are their eyes, they all just scream out,

"I'm not feeling this day, I'm very grumpy please don't piss me off"

and the lines under skrelps eyes make it even better...

without a doubt, best pokemon designs in a while for me...
---
"Sonae areba urei nashi"- Kakuzu
http://tinyurl.com/ndgrpdr http://tinyurl.com/ohbg3lk http://tinyurl.com/qdzxjhj