This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mega Chaizard is Fire/Dragon, but Mega Gardevoir makes Dragon Types unusable.

#21LexifoxPosted 8/28/2013 4:21:08 PM
MasterSpectrobe posted...
Even if this happens and lets say Charzard does become Fire/Dragon why the hell would I spam Dragon Moves on Gardevoir?

You're not. You're either

1. Using Dragon Pulse because you can't/aren't take advantage of the superior Fire move + Sunny.
2. Using Draco Meteor, which means you'll have to switch out soon - enjoy your entry hazards.
3. Using Outrage, which means you're locked into the move.

Barring some new Dragon move anyway.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#22TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/28/2013 4:57:03 PM
I don't really care but I main Guy (And Vega!) in SSFIV:AE so PROFOUND SADNESS is hilarious.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#23RE4everMKPosted 8/28/2013 6:53:13 PM
GBeastMegamanBX posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Lexifox posted...
All of the Mega Pokemon have had one or two stats specified as improving except for Ampharos, the only one who changes type with its Mega. Make of that what you will.

Where is the source for that?

The official website

Mawile says hi??
---
3DS Friend Code: 4914-3619-4377 (Name: Valen; Town: Darashia)
Pokemon Black2: 3311-2523-4657
#24LexifoxPosted 8/28/2013 10:28:12 PM
RE4everMK posted...
GBeastMegamanBX posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Lexifox posted...
All of the Mega Pokemon have had one or two stats specified as improving except for Ampharos, the only one who changes type with its Mega. Make of that what you will.

Where is the source for that?

The official website

Mawile says hi??

And I say, "Hello, there, Mawile. What's it like to have a type change not related to your Mega Evolution? How does it feel?", because Mawile changes type independent of its Mega Evo.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#25Arcangel22Posted 8/28/2013 10:30:46 PM
gunsndroses posted...
GameNinjaGuy posted...
gunsndroses posted...
1) Megas suck
2) High improbability that Megas will alter anybody's typing
3) regardless of leaks, there's no proof that fairies will be immune to dragons.

Mega Ampharos.

But yes, that's only one instance.

One instance of it happening wins vs. your utterly baseless claim.

....that's what speculation is, buddy.

Mega Mawille: Steel/Fairy
---
"We're not gang members. We're not criminals. We're just dudes playing video games." ~ Maximilian
#26LexifoxPosted 8/28/2013 10:32:06 PM
Arcangel22 posted...

Mawile is Steel/Fairy independent of its Mega Evolution.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/
---
#27jayman7Posted 8/28/2013 10:35:08 PM
All these posts and no one points out that Fire/Dragon is neutral to Fairy.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#28Arcangel22Posted 8/28/2013 10:37:38 PM
Lexifox posted...
Arcangel22 posted...

Woops, didn't know of Mawile's confirmed change. Regardless, there's still a chance more will happen like Ampharos. I could care less if Charizard is one of them though.
---
"We're not gang members. We're not criminals. We're just dudes playing video games." ~ Maximilian
#29LexifoxPosted 8/28/2013 10:41:11 PM
Arcangel22 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Arcangel22 posted...

Woops, didn't know of Mawile's confirmed change. Regardless, there's still a chance more will happen like Ampharos. I could care less if Charizard is one of them though.

There's still a chance, of course. It doesn't change the fact that Ampharos is the only one not getting a confirmed stat change, or that the Fire/Dragon typing will not bode well for Charizard since it loses Fighting resistance, is now slightly less weak to Rock, and is now vulnerable to every entry hazard in the game.
---
#30taa20Posted 8/31/2013 5:45:02 AM
Lexifox posted...
Arcangel22 posted...
Lexifox posted...
Arcangel22 posted...

There's still a chance, of course. It doesn't change the fact that Ampharos is the only one not getting a confirmed stat change, or that the Fire/Dragon typing will not bode well for Charizard since it loses Fighting resistance, is now slightly less weak to Rock, and is now vulnerable to every entry hazard in the game.

Its biggest issue is losing half to the rocks just for entering. Loss of the fighting and fairy resistances would hurt, but I would argue shifting from immunity to weakness to ground might hurt more. That said, if it had Roost in its moveset, it could recover on switches.

Why it does not get Nasty Plot, or why there is no Special Attack version of Dragon Dance are questions that can help Charizard quite a bit. Quiver Dance and a few BST made Volcarona significantly more popular in some circles even with the same entrance issues.