This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it a coincident that the 2DS is released on 12 October?

#113121987Posted 8/29/2013 3:53:25 AM
Is it a coincident that the 2DS is released on 12 October and the colors are the same as X and Y mascots?
#2SorceressTharjaPosted 8/29/2013 3:53:55 AM
No. It's there for kids who play Pokemon.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67102553 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#3SirPikachuPosted 8/29/2013 3:55:16 AM
Well Pokémon is always the best selling game on the handhelds by far, so this makes it where more people can buy a DS AND Pokémon.

So no, they did it on purpose.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#4nightblade_hawkPosted 8/29/2013 5:08:21 AM
I DO like the Style of the 2DS but I remember playing 3DS XL the other Day, which looked washed out and terible compared to the smaller 3DS Models.

If that doesn't happen on the 2DS I'll probably buy one and give my normal Blue 3DS to my Daughter.
#5nickwarrior5Posted 8/29/2013 5:21:22 AM
nightblade_hawk posted...
I DO like the Style of the 2DS but I remember playing 3DS XL the other Day, which looked washed out and terible compared to the smaller 3DS Models.

If that doesn't happen on the 2DS I'll probably buy one and give my normal Blue 3DS to my Daughter.

3ds XL got most pro's overall:
Longer battery life
3D is less strain on the eyes
The graphics look alot better
Bigger screen.
Cons:
Pen is like old DS and DSi pen
Speaker not loud as 3DS.

2DS has extremely lot of cons:
Mono speaker
Cant fold it so hard for streetpass and easily scratch screen.
Parents can just set parental controls to turn 3D off.
Kids can break it more easily.
No 3D
Pros:
All of 3DS except above.

I have a 3DS XL and it is amazing compared to 3DS. Your going by "look". Never judge a book by its cover.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8814-6431
Pm me if you want to add me.
#6mralpha543Posted 8/29/2013 5:24:17 AM
nickwarrior5 posted...

Longer battery life
Bigger screen.
Cons:
Speaker not loud as 3DS.

Mono speaker
No 3D
Pros:
All of 3DS except above.

I have a 3DS XL and it is amazing compared to 3DS. Your going by "look". Never judge a book by its cover.

"Never judge a book by it's cover"
That's exactly what you're doing with the 2DS, hypocrite.
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#7Erics84Posted 8/29/2013 6:42:00 AM
mralpha543 posted...
nickwarrior5 posted...

Longer battery life
Bigger screen.
Cons:
Speaker not loud as 3DS.

Mono speaker
No 3D
Pros:
All of 3DS except above.

No he isn't, he's judging it based on facts.
#8PkmTrainerAbramPosted 8/29/2013 6:47:05 AM
The regular 3DS would SCRATCH IT'S OWN SCREEN. But all that is moot when screen protectors exsist for all systems anyway.

If you're worried about it breaking, it's not like the normal models are any better with the hinge that is more likely to break with an irresponsible child.

I don't see how the 2DS plays worse than the regular model when you haven't even played it yet and the regular model isn't exactly comfortable to play with to start with.

Internet rage, I swear.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2(JPN), Kirby 20th Anniversary Collection(Wii)
#9fuzi11Posted 8/29/2013 6:48:14 AM
Erics84 posted...
mralpha543 posted...
nickwarrior5 posted...

Longer battery life
Bigger screen.
Cons:
Speaker not loud as 3DS.

Mono speaker
No 3D
Pros:
All of 3DS except above.

No he isn't, he's judging it based on facts.

If so, then why is he saying that the 2DS can break more easily. First of there are no facts at all supporting that clain, and second: It doesn't use hinges, nor does it seem so fragile as a 3DS. How is the "no 3d" for the 2DS a con, if that atually is the point of the handheld?
#10Erics84Posted 8/29/2013 7:20:34 AM(edited)
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
I don't see how the 2DS plays worse than the regular model when you haven't even played it yet and the regular model isn't exactly comfortable to play with to start with.

Internet rage, I swear.

You don't need to play it to know that a crippled version of another console is inferior the the original, more feature-rich one.

fuzi11 posted...
If so, then why is he saying that the 2DS can break more easily. First of there are no facts at all supporting that clain, and second: It doesn't use hinges, nor does it seem so fragile as a 3DS.

You're disregarding his whole argument based on that single point?

fuzi11 posted...
How is the "no 3d" for the 2DS a con, if that atually is the point of the handheld?

Um, because less features = a con? And the point of the 2DS isn't the lack of 3d, it's that the system is less expensive, the removal of features being the price to pay for it.