This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Safari Zone - Coming back?

#21ClassyOldHatPosted 8/29/2013 3:56:59 PM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
You know, a little bit or RNG isn't that bad. If there was no randomization... a lot of things in Pokemon would be bland.

Also didn't know the Safari Zone was that hated(?) so to speak. I know no one ever got that Chansey or Dratini but isn't it the chase that counts? At least they don't have a 1% appearance chance in an Electric Charged Cave. :P

A lot of things in Pokemon would be more fun with less randomization and more reliance on skill or strategy. If I wanted to play a game of chance, calling heads or tails only "costs" a penny.

Also, I find your comparison of Chansey and Co. to Tynamo pretty laughable, firstly because Tynamo's lowest appearance chance was 2%, and the chance got better the further down you went, getting close to 10% at the bottom. Meanwhile, Chansey and Co. had encounter rates that actually could get low as 1%, and secondly because Tynamo wouldn't run after you found it.

That's two factual strikes.

Magmasta posted...
The only thing I dislike about it is it makes catching pokemon way too easy.

I wouldn't say that catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone is "easy" or "hard." I'd just say it's "mindless." Just like calling heads or tails before a coin lands. There's no thought or skill or strategy, just say a word and leave luck to heaven. It'd be more interesting if it were a minigame or something. Otherwise, I'm glad it's gone. Same for the Game Corner, if for different reasons.
#22djmetal777Posted 8/29/2013 4:01:00 PM
i dont mind safari zones there quite fun IMO however they should change two things
1. No shinies for obvious shameful reasons
2. Dont make the pokemon flee as often maybe include some sort of bar that indicates anger or something and when it fills up it will flee
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#23kagster123Posted 8/29/2013 4:03:13 PM
As long as it's not like the Safari Zone in hg/ss where you had to wait ages to get certain Pokemon.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
B1-3955 8779 8112
#24SpikeTbearPosted 8/29/2013 4:29:24 PM
NO. I never want that horrific event to take place again. I bet that golden Exeggcute is still taunting me... >:(
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#25Ubergeneral3Posted 8/29/2013 5:42:29 PM
the problem is that the safari zone isn't special anymore

People loved the safari zone in RBY. All the pokemon were rare and fairly coveted.

Flash forward to gen 4. I walk in the safari zone and I find..... a bidoof

I think that if they make another safari zone, they need to make a bunch of new pokemon that are really good and really cool looking to go in it, as well as making the safari zone the only place where you can find them. There was something about finding doduo, rhyhorn, pinser and chansey that excited people, which has been lost in later gens.

lastly, make it so that shinies you find can't run away from battle. Ever. problem solved.
---
The following pokemon will be retyped to fairy. If not I will close my account.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/66775664
#26kagster123Posted 8/29/2013 5:51:25 PM
Ubergeneral3 posted...

People loved the safari zone in RBY. All the pokemon were rare and fairly coveted.

I think that if they make another safari zone, they need to make a bunch of new pokemon that are really good and really cool looking to go in it, as well as making the safari zone the only place where you can find them. There was something about finding doduo, rhyhorn, pinser and chansey that excited people, which has been lost in later gens.

lastly, make it so that shinies you find can't run away from battle. Ever. problem solved.

Eh the Safari Zone in hg/ss has good Pokemon even pre-elite 4, like Misdreavus, Murkrow, Lapras, Kangaskhan, etc... It's just that after the national dex waiting for a Bagon is pathetic. Might as well catch one from 3rd gen and migrate it over...The waiting system was terrible...
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
B1-3955 8779 8112
#27LexifoxPosted 8/29/2013 6:10:58 PM
kagster123 posted...
Ubergeneral3 posted...

Eh the Safari Zone in hg/ss has good Pokemon even pre-elite 4, like Misdreavus, Murkrow, Lapras, Kangaskhan, etc... It's just that after the national dex waiting for a Bagon is pathetic. Might as well catch one from 3rd gen and migrate it over...The waiting system was terrible...

So it has good mechanics if you just ignore all the bad stuff?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#28LexifoxPosted 8/29/2013 6:11:04 PM
Serebii from SPP posted...
Lexifox posted...
I hope not. It's just a big fight against the RNG.

I hope so. For that reason :) Bwahahahaha :p

I can't tell if you're a sadist or feeling the schadenfreude.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#29sonOFestarkPosted 8/29/2013 6:35:53 PM
I love the Safari Zone. A little cash for many potential catches? Yesssssss!
---
White 2 FC: 2624 0707 4433
One day, long ago, I ate a glowing piece of moldy cheese. Later that day, VeghEsther was born in my bathroom.
#30Missingno_MastrPosted 8/29/2013 6:50:21 PM
Dino-K posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
You know, a little bit or RNG isn't that bad. If there was no randomization... a lot of things in Pokemon would be bland.

Also didn't know the Safari Zone was that hated(?) so to speak. I know no one ever got that Chansey or Dratini but isn't it the chase that counts? At least they don't have a 1% appearance chance in an Electric Charged Cave. :P

Clearly you have never had a Shiny appear then flee in the Safari Zone. Changes your entire outlook on the place.

I found a Shiny Pikachu in Emerald. And caught it. One of the greatest days in my life.

I can relate to that as well. Vividly I recall that fateful date- June 7th, 2009, it was. The move tutors in Platinum took Shards as currency, and I needed moves taught. I'd mine them out of the Underground whenever I could, but sadly, this was rarely as successful as I'd have liked it to be. So I'd take Shards any way I could get them. Including taking the one free shard a day in the Great Marsh. And then, that day, June 7th, 2009, it hit me- I was shelling out 500 PokÚdollars a day for one measly shard! Granted, that's not that much, but still, it seemed like a bit much at the time. So that was the day I decided I was gonna go out and catch my money's worth. I went out and started chucking Safari Balls at everything I crossed paths with. Bibarel, Carnivine, Wooper, and one particularly stubborn Exeggcute that made a particularly big dent in my stock of Safari Balls. Soon, I was down to ten...

And then it happened. As the Tropius slid across the screen, my eyes widened as the bright green and gold registered in my mind. And when it sparkled, I freaked. Such a badass Shiny, and odds were high it was going to flee on me. But I had to try. I threw a Safari Ball... Shook once... Twice... Three times... BOOM! Tropius broke free. My heart nearly stopped, but amazingly, Tropius stayed put. Did not flee. So I threw another Safari Ball... Once... Twice... Three times... BOOM! No dice. But Tropius still stayed put, she didn't run away. Oh, good Arceus, was this making me nervous! I used another Safari Ball- BOOM! Didn't even wobble, and at that point I figured it was over. But no! Amazingly, Tropius still refused to flee! So I threw yet another Safari Ball... It shook once... Twice... Three times...

*click*

I had done it. I had caught the Shiny Tropius! Naturally, once my celebratory reaction died down, I hastened to exit the Great Marsh and save the game three times in rapid succession. As for the Tropius, I still have her.
---
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/110trainer#0 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif