This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking like a good game to get competitive?

#11CalciferJenkinsPosted 8/30/2013 12:43:15 PM
I must admit it overwhelmed me completely as well, but I think your description is accurate.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#12mralpha543Posted 8/30/2013 12:45:27 PM
Well, I exaggerated. There are people who find it wrong, but don't really provide a good reason or just say it's unfair..
---
Rocket Professor ~ R ~ Support Elesa! Real Arceus. Third Version M 2/26/13
Official ANBU of the Pokemon boards.
#13SorceressTharjaPosted 8/30/2013 12:45:58 PM
91UKGamer posted...
I've been recently thinking about getting into competitive battling too. In fact, I've started practicing on Showdown for about a month. So far, it doesn't seem too hard to understand, it's just figuring out what works good and what are bad ideas I'm still figuring out properly.

Smogon sets are good for when you're just getting started so you can get a feel for what works. Then you can be more creative and play with things.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67111080 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#14DasDavid(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 2:10:11 PM
I think I might try to get a copy of Black or White 2 then and look into making a half decent team there.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
http://imgur.com/rlOBXRa
#1591UKGamerPosted 8/31/2013 5:19:49 AM
SorceressTharja posted...
91UKGamer posted...
I've been recently thinking about getting into competitive battling too. In fact, I've started practicing on Showdown for about a month. So far, it doesn't seem too hard to understand, it's just figuring out what works good and what are bad ideas I'm still figuring out properly.

Smogon sets are good for when you're just getting started so you can get a feel for what works. Then you can be more creative and play with things.

I'll try some Smogon sets out but I want to try to be creative with movesets as soon as possible.

I just want to make sure that when building a team, these are the things to have to make it most effective:

* One of each of these: Physical Attacker, Physical Wall, Special Attacker and Special Wall
* Optional Pokémon that can: Set up hazards, Remove hazards and/or use moves like Roar and Whirlwind
* Synergy
---
My top 5 Pokemon:
#5 Toxicroak #4 Miltank #3 Blazenkin #2 Hariyama #1 Pikachu/Raichu