This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What were your Pokemon gaming habits 5, 10, and 15 years ago?

#11KingTGPPosted 8/30/2013 3:53:13 PM
TheMasterTurtle posted...
Ansem_the_evil posted...
the_doctor1013 posted...
in every pokemon game I've played my main team must be all male, woman are only for breeding except chansey

I cant belive that anyone above the age of 10 even thinks this are they stil in the stage were they think girls are icky?

I also do this. And no, I don't think girls are icky.

Anyways, I started to REALLY get into pokemon with Pearl though I did play Silver as a wee lad. My habits haven't REALLY changed but here they are.

- Never use female Pokemon.
- Always make sure I have at least 3 Pokemon with one type the same. In Pearl I had 3 waters, Platinum 3 steels, Black 3 Dark types and so on. I do not do this for consecutive playthroughs.
- Always carry over my Pokemon that I trained/used on my team into a main game (Black 2 right now). This way I can compare them directly in the Battle Frontier/PWT. Sadly, this prevents me from restarting until a 3rd version or remake comes out :(

When I was a kid I did one very odd thing though...

- Never evolved Machop because I thought Machoke looked dumb and at one point in Silver I had two Machops on my team.

I can guess the bold! I'm pretty sure I can! Um... You enjoyed kissing your same gender or playing with fresh cucumbers..?? I'm positive I win this guessing game.

Serious note.. What was the point of the bold..?? Was it to get someone to joke about it lol? Well you can officially thank me.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/iTzKingTGP.png
#12eagletalon22Posted 8/30/2013 3:57:32 PM
2008- I was nearing my end of playing a lot of pearl where i iv,ev, and bread like crazy making a good 120 or so trained pokemon varying from many Nu's to some Ou's even ubers. Along with trying to collect a fair share of event pokemon. Physical / special split i think gave the chance for many pokemon to finally get a niche battle strategy that was lackluster beforehand.

2003- Only had Crystal and gold till i got leaf green/emerald so i completed my Crystal pokedex and restarted my gold a bunch of times then would usually use typhlosion in a solo run.

1998 - Had yet to start my first game was Yellow a year later that i beat along with getting red after using all the starters for yellow and tangela.
---
if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck it's not a damn mongoose
#13TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/30/2013 3:59:07 PM
KingTGP posted...
Ansem_the_evil posted...
the_doctor1013 posted...
in every pokemon game I've played my main team must be all male, woman are only for breeding except chansey

I cant belive that anyone above the age of 10 even thinks this are they stil in the stage were they think girls are icky?

Anyways, I started to REALLY get into pokemon with Pearl though I did play Silver as a wee lad. My habits haven't REALLY changed but here they are.

- Always make sure I have at least 3 Pokemon with one type the same. In Pearl I had 3 waters, Platinum 3 steels, Black 3 Dark types and so on. I do not do this for consecutive playthroughs.
- Always carry over my Pokemon that I trained/used on my team into a main game (Black 2 right now). This way I can compare them directly in the Battle Frontier/PWT. Sadly, this prevents me from restarting until a 3rd version or remake comes out :(

- Never evolved Machop because I thought Machoke looked dumb and at one point in Silver I had two Machops on my team.

I can guess the bold! I'm pretty sure I can! Um... You enjoyed kissing your same gender or playing with fresh cucumbers..?? I'm positive I win this guessing game.

Serious note.. What was the point of the bold..?? Was it to get someone to joke about it lol? Well you can officially thank me.

Huh? I don't think I bolded it. Yeah, check my original post and it isn't bolded.

What did you do!?
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#14KibalnuzukaPosted 8/30/2013 4:05:24 PM

Skipping Flash and going through Rock Tunnel blindly because I couldn't understand what the NPCs were saying. (English is not my first language)

Started to think strategically instead of using movesets like Flamethrower/Overheat/Fire Blast/Blast Burn, and started to catch every Pokémon I encountered that I didn't have yet.

Learnt about EV's and started training my favourite mon's for online play. Didn't know about tiers so got my ass whooped. (Still don't care for em)
---
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point. - Kenji
#15KingTGPPosted 8/30/2013 4:08:46 PM
KingTGP posted...
Ansem_the_evil posted...
the_doctor1013 posted...

Huh? I don't think I bolded it. Yeah, check my original post and it isn't bolded.

What did you do!?

You're truly a genius my friend.. You didn't bold it that much is a fact.. I added a bold so you'd know what I was guessing ~.^..
---
#16TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/30/2013 4:12:13 PM
Sometimes I astound myself with my intellect.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#17thechairmenPosted 8/30/2013 4:15:19 PM
1998: Pokemon Red, played it every day. I tried to catch em all.

2003: The Pokemon craze died down and I was too embarrassed to admit I was interested in it so I passed up on it.

2008: Diamond and Pearl were out and the Pokemon gene in me was long gone...or so I thought.

2013: Its been 3 years since I got back into Pokemon. Loved Heart Gold, loved catching up with Platinum and Emerald, loved Gen 5 amd can't wait until October. While not as enthusiastic about Pokemon as I was in 1998, I still love the Pokemon games.
---
GT: thecking
PSN: ColintheGreat
#18KingTGPPosted 8/30/2013 4:15:51 PM
Sometimes I astound myself with my intellect.

Yes I can honestly see that.
---
#19tsunamisurfer08Posted 8/30/2013 5:07:12 PM
Habits haven't really changed at all. I was 12 i think when I first played Red. Even then I knew a balanced team was the best idea. Stadium also gave me an appreciation of moves like Swords Dance (after I got murdered by...something, I forget what that SD'd twice and took out my whole team. So much for being a useless move.)

I still remember my old Red and Silver teams. Don't remember much of the others because I replayed a lot of the games past RSE multiple times.
---
Everything I have ever learned about life can be summed up in three words: It goes on.
-Robert Frost
#20Daemonscharm(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 2:48:26 PM
Bump
---
http://i.imgur.com/oIpTazi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg