This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what two regions would you want to see in the same game?

#1paiprPosted 8/30/2013 4:49:55 PM
big old what if here. lets say they decided to put two outta the gens 1-5 regions in the same game. which two would you want in the same game? and what order would you want to go through them?

kanto
johto
hoenn
sinnoh
unova

for me id say hoenn and sinnoh, which is ironic since hoenn is my favorite region and sinnoh is tied for my least favorite. both being islands makes them fit. plus hoenn has an over abundance of water, and sinnoh a over abundance of caves. and id like to go through them in that order. hoenn first, then to sinnoh.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#2scarface_jrPosted 8/30/2013 5:15:46 PM
I've always loved johto so that and new region and i'll be fine.
---
Stockton 209, what? what?! WHAT!?! Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu!
PSN:ItsjustJoker - the last of us GT:The Suprise Van -bf3. Don't be scared homie
#3SgtCashmerePosted 8/30/2013 5:17:42 PM
Kanto and Kanto.
#4MasterAdeptAlexPosted 8/30/2013 5:20:16 PM
Hoenn and Sinnoh, though the others are ok too. Just not the greatest regions a pokemon game has had so far.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#5TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/30/2013 5:27:07 PM
Kalos and Kalos.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#6IVIasterJayPosted 8/30/2013 5:27:13 PM
Hoenn and Sinnoh
The best from the best that is Hoenn, and the...eh ... well, the region was goodish in gen 4. Most of the regions have felt pretty bland to be honest. Only Hoenn really stood out as a cool place to me. Who knows about Kalos.
#7GastroFanPosted 8/30/2013 5:49:37 PM
I think Hoenn and Sinnoh combined would be great in game since Hoenn has beaches, desert, volcanoes, etc while Sinnoh has mountains, marshes, parks and beaches as well as resorts (Resort area postgame, Valor Lakefront resort pre-E4 [can battle trainers in cafe; can never book a room because the cottages are always full]). Both areas have their versions of Battle Towers (Battle Frontier in Sinnoh; Battle Tower in Hoenn) but I'd modify Hoenn to include something like Kanto's Lavender Town tower where you battled that ghost Marowak (Sinnoh has the Old Chateau with Rotom in the television). In my game Unova, Johto, Kanto and/or Kalos would be postgame accessible by plane (all that water you know) or speed boat from Slateport City, Lilycove City, Lake Verity, Lake Acuity and Valor Lakefront (the islands off of Canalave City would remain as would the islands in Hoenn).

Official Cresselia of B/W2 and X/Y Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates to Infinity Board
When will there be an official Cresselia event?
#8JKPhagePosted 8/30/2013 6:04:47 PM
Tough question. I wouldn't really mind that much if Hoenn was left out of the mix as everyone seems to be hoping for a Gen 3 remake in Gen 6 style, so why cram a watered-down version into X/Y when we might just see a full remake? Unova, as much as I enjoy it, has had TWO full-stories played out there so stuffing yet ANOTHER rehash of it in as an extra post-game quest just seems like overkill. That leaves me with a conundrum though. Sinnoh isn't really due for a remake, and probably won't be for a while if ever, but if I pick Sinnoh then I'm left having to choose between Kanto and Johto, and the two have always seemed like a package deal to me. As fun as it would be to check out all the cool stuff in Sinnoh in glorious 3D, I think I'd have to say Johto and Kanto, in that order.

I'd love to see how the two regions have developed over the years with all the advances in technology in the Pokémon world. Send us through Johto to do the gym leader circuit, and then on to Kanto to see the sights. I can't help but think that, in the style of X/Y, Celadon City will be some beautiful, brightly colored metropolis that's absolutely COVERED in flowers of all colors, and Cinnabar island will be all tropical/Hawaiian-looking with a big, desolate lavafield where fire pokemon roam. Honestly I'd be most excited just to see how they classic Gen 1 and 2 locations are portrayed when they can really shine and put a lot of detail into them. FireRed and SoulSilver were nice, but they had to stick to the formula from the originals. If we're talking a fully updated version of them, modern-day style, then I want to see them looking BEAUTIFUL.
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:05:01 PM
GastroFan posted...
I think Hoenn and Sinnoh combined would be great in game since Hoenn has beaches, desert, volcanoes, etc while Sinnoh has mountains, marshes, parks and beaches as well as resorts (Resort area postgame, Valor Lakefront resort pre-E4 [can battle trainers in cafe; can never book a room because the cottages are always full]). Both areas have their versions of Battle Towers (Battle Frontier in Sinnoh; Battle Tower in Hoenn) but I'd modify Hoenn to include something like Kanto's Lavender Town tower where you battled that ghost Marowak (Sinnoh has the Old Chateau with Rotom in the television). In my game Unova, Johto, Kanto and/or Kalos would be postgame accessible by plane (all that water you know) or speed boat from Slateport City, Lilycove City, Lake Verity, Lake Acuity and Valor Lakefront (the islands off of Canalave City would remain as would the islands in Hoenn).

Official Cresselia of B/W2 and X/Y Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates to Infinity Board
When will there be an official Cresselia event?

hoenn had that graveyard island place. also i do like the idea of going from hoenn, to sinnoh, but starting on the smaller island that had all the resort stuff.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#10hyperdimeduckPosted 8/30/2013 6:57:43 PM
Hoenn and Sinnoh
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Kintoki-Doji and Isabeau of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board