This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Difference between an attack that's been avoided and an attack that misses?

#1Lylat_CruiserPosted 8/30/2013 5:48:57 PM
Is there a difference? Sometimes my 90 hit chance razor leaf attack says it misses and sometimes it says avoided...
---
Fire Emblem. It's in my genes! >=D
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
#2Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 5:50:31 PM
And no. This time the opponent did not use any moves that increases evasiveness.
---
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
#3Arne83Posted 8/30/2013 5:53:09 PM
When it's been avoided, the target pokemon moved out of the way.

When it missed, your pokemon's aim is s///.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#4mustardpi314Posted 8/30/2013 5:54:23 PM
i thought in this gen all the text says avoided the attack
i don't pay that much attention but i should've noticed that
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
Now playing SSB games, SSF4AE, and other random stuff.
#5Dark_EinherjarPosted 8/30/2013 5:57:31 PM
In what game is that?

IIRC, since Gen V, all instances of "[Pokémon]'s attack missed" have been changed to "Foe's [Pokémon] avoided the attack."
---
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
-Sirius Black
#6RisenreturnPosted 8/30/2013 6:00:23 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
In what game is that?

IIRC, since Gen V, all instances of "[Pokémon]'s attack missed" have been changed to "Foe's [Pokémon] avoided the attack."

I don't think so... I haven't played much recently, ut I dont remember it.

Anyway, IIRC, "Foe's*Pokemon* avoided the attack" refers to in double battles, where a move like Razor Leaf can hit both opponents, but manages to hit one.

At least, I think that's how it works.
---
Pretend That there's a signature here.
#7Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:00:51 PM
Dark_Einherjar posted...
In what game is that?

Diamond version. I'm pretty sure I've also seen it pop up for HG from time to time.
---
#8Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:01:26 PM
Oh and it was in a singles battle.
---
#9Kami_no_KamiPosted 8/30/2013 6:04:58 PM
When an attack is avoided, it's actually the trainer using the "DODGE IT!" move from the anime.
#10Lylat_Cruiser(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:08:09 PM
Kami_no_Kami posted...
When an attack is avoided, it's actually the trainer using the "DODGE IT!" move from the anime.

Imagine if that is a new feature for X and Y through the use of the 3DS microphones. Battles have been taken to a whole new level!
---