This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gamefreaks (hopefully) getting back to basics?

#1mudballmanPosted 8/30/2013 9:18:11 PM
So, from what we know right now (which is very little, but I like to speculate) gamefreak may be getting back to basics.

The legends:
(Again, we don't know everything about them)
From what I can tell, these cover legends don't seem to be gods, created the world, broke off from one super pokemon or anything like that. Just rare, powerful pokemon.

Evil team:
(We know almost zero about them. But...)
I read on serebii that they are main goal is money. Not making a new universe. Not reshaping earth. Just profit.

Looking at this, it reminds me of a simpler era in pokemon. Before they were gods who created space and time.

Anyone agree?
---
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645
#2LightningAce11Posted 8/30/2013 9:19:29 PM
No please. I don't like the basic stuff. The stronger legends and smarter evil teams is what makes the new games more interesting.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#3roxbury1990Posted 8/30/2013 9:19:30 PM
I like simple.
---
White FC: 2581 1588 9644 // wii code = 1308 9776 3256 7038 // 3DS FC: 4527-7258-1744 // GamerTag: Loftice
Parasect is the BEST
#4PrettyTonyTigerPosted 8/30/2013 9:19:52 PM
Now if ONLY the game mascots were starters again!
---
Females are the greatest beings in the universe!!!
Users who agree: 15!!!
#5Hughs_RagePosted 8/30/2013 9:21:28 PM
Why do people want them to go back to essentially ZERO plot?

This is 2013... we need a half-decent plot. B/W's plot was actually fairly well executed, and I would love to see an even better plot for the next generation of Pokemon :d
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#6AccrovideogamesPosted 8/30/2013 9:23:25 PM
mudballman posted...
From what I can tell, these cover legends don't seem to be gods, created the world, broke off from one super pokemon or anything like that. Just rare, powerful pokemon.

One is destruction incarnate and the other is life incarnate.

mudballman posted...
I read on serebii that they are main goal is money. Not making a new universe. Not reshaping earth. Just profit.

They most likely need money to support their plan for whatever they wish to do. All villainous teams needed money.
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#7mudballman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 9:25:00 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
No please. I don't like the basic stuff. The stronger legends and smarter evil teams is what makes the new games more interesting.

No one said the evil team can't be smart. Just not a bunch of crazys bent on destroying earth.

Lets get back to plain old world domination!
---
3ds friend code: 2852 7690 5645
#8ArtiRockPosted 8/30/2013 9:36:33 PM
Hughs_Rage posted...

This is 2013... we need a half-decent plot. B/W's plot was actually fairly well executed, and I would love to see an even better plot for the next generation of Pokemon :d

Because even with "plot" it is still extremely lackluster. There is a difference between quality writing and dialogue. More dialogue does not make more of a plot either.

I did have a problem with this in Pokemon, because it seemed like each time the plots became more ridiculous instead of just being more fleshed out. It seemed like each generation had to up the ante each time rather than just having a solid plot.
---
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.
#9Spartan_VicePosted 8/30/2013 9:37:59 PM
ArtiRock posted...
Hughs_Rage posted...

Because even with "plot" it is still extremely lackluster. There is a difference between quality writing and dialogue. More dialogue does not make more of a plot either.

I did have a problem with this in Pokemon, because it seemed like each time the plots became more ridiculous instead of just being more fleshed out. It seemed like each generation had to up the ante each time rather than just having a solid plot.

Your opinion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pzq4j.gif
#10Hughs_RagePosted 8/30/2013 9:39:21 PM
ArtiRock posted...
Hughs_Rage posted...

B/W touched on rather deep issues for a kids game, such as the idea of liberating Pokemon and freeing them from confinement...

...even though in the end you find out that the evil team is just in it for world domination as usual >_>
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!