This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GFaqs Team - Pokemon 3 Suggestions

#1SorceressTharjaPosted 8/31/2013 8:59:25 AM
Round 2 of the voting has now come to a close and we're now looking for suggestions regarding our third Pokemon. With Scizor joining, we're looking for a Pokemon to join both it and Garchomp on our Bulky Offense team.

Garchomp (M) @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang / Aqua Tail

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

This time around, I'm not carrying any Pokemon over. This is largely because the second place is largely redundant with Scizor - both being a slow choice band user.

Make your suggestions aaaaaaaaaaand GO!

Pokemon @ Item
EVs:
____ Nature
-Move1
-Move2
-Move3
-Move4

---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67111080 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#2SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 9:27:37 AM
Okay. I want to guide this somewhat at this point.

Scizor, as a choice band user will be switching in and out quite a bit, meaning hazards could give it trouble. Scizor pairs well with Garchomp as the U-Turn support gives it a good chance to switch in, set up and attempt to sweep. At the same time, Scizor resists the Ice type attacks that Garchomp hates and Garchomp can take the fire type moves that Scizor hates, although it would prefer not to.

Burns appear to be a problem so far. A solid answer that can switch into a Will-o-Wisp and take out the offending ghost type or fire type would be useful. Similarly, Scald appears to be an issue. Garchomp can revenge kill most Will-o-Wisp users. Perhaps an offensive fire type or special attacker that can cure status.

Anything faster than Garchomp that sets up will rip us apart if Scizor goes down. Keldeo comes to mind, as it resists bullet punch. Specs Keldeo in the rain is uncounterable for us at his time.

We have no water resist, no ground resist, no fighting resist, no flying resist. Covering all of those bases in this Pokemon is difficult, so we'll have to cover some next time around.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67111080 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#3RTC3Posted 8/31/2013 11:30:54 AM
CBtar

explanation: weather

also this team will more likely than not have jirachi in the future for SR/special tanking purposes. twave/body slam would be viable on said jirachi, and that para support has synergy with the team having two slow hard hitters in CBtar and CBscizor

given all that we can move onto the 5th mon now
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Ryan "Dirk 2.0" Kelly. we. already. won.
#4RTC3Posted 8/31/2013 11:32:10 AM
jirachi can be interchanged with ferro who helps out more against rain teams btw. i'd say give ferro twave tho
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Ryan "Dirk 2.0" Kelly. we. already. won.
#5GolurkcanflyPosted 8/31/2013 11:37:53 AM
Simple:

Espeon @ Leftovers
Magic Bounce
Modest Nature 252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed/4 HP

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind/Morning Sun
Signal Beam/Sunny Day

Magic Bounce will be useful to avoid hazards.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#6kaonohiokalaPosted 8/31/2013 12:21:48 PM(edited)
wtf @ not bringing CBtar into this round "cuz its a slow cb user 2"

apparently you aren't aware of the #1 core in the game w/ ttar/scizor/lati

EDIT: oh well, RTC re-posted CBtar so i guess it's alright
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#7inTaCtfuLPosted 8/31/2013 12:21:49 PM
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 Spd / 252 Atk / 156 HP
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
---
i7-3970X Extreme ~ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ~ 32 GB DDR3-2133 ~ 10 TB 7200RPM ~ 500 GB SSD ~ 690 x2 ~ 1200 W PSU Gold ~
#8ps4mePosted 8/31/2013 12:55:53 PM
Rotom-w

Works perfect with both team members you have. Volt/turn synergy with scizor, great response to water pokemon.

There are multiple sets you run. I'd recommend scarfed or bulky.
#9uuurrrgghPosted 8/31/2013 1:00:30 PM
Since you're looking for bulky offense...

Reuniclus@Life Orb
Magic Guard
Quiet
192 hp, 64 def, 252 spatk
0 spd IVs
Trick Room
Recover
Psychic
Focus Blast
Reasoning: This set can take a few hits, and set up TR for either an independent sweep or to support other members.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#10SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 1:44:04 PM
kaonohiokala posted...

It also lost to Scizor by significantly more than Latias lost to Garchomp.

ps4me posted...
Rotom-w

Works perfect with both team members you have. Volt/turn synergy with scizor, great response to water pokemon.

There are multiple sets you run. I'd recommend scarfed or bulky.

You need to put a full set. Pick one.

kaonohiokala posted...

Again, it lost by considerably more than Latias did as well. Also, 3 choice users (assuming we're at some point going to add a scarfed revenge killer which is generally a good move) can be... restrictive - particularly when 2 are physical (so surely we'll need a special/mixed scarfer). Suddenly we open ourselves to being roftstomped by any team with good defensive synergy.
---