This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GFaqs Team - Pokemon 3 Suggestions

#11andrewx72Posted 8/31/2013 3:18:12 PM
Scrafty @ Chople Berry
Trait: Moxie/Shed Skin/Intimidate
Adamant/Brave
Crunch
Fake Out
Drain Punch
Detect/Dragon Tail
252 Attack
200 Hp
52 Def

Scrafty is the premier choice for a bulky offense team. Any ability will work, Shed Skin was because you mentioned your problem with Will-O-Wisp. The main role he'll play will be a Trick Room punisher. You can change up the EV's, I'm not too sure about them.
---
This horse is whack.
#12SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 5:09:05 AM
Hey guys. I'd been busy, and didn't update this. As such, I'll post the voting thread for this Pokemon later today at the usual kind of time. Suggestions are still open until then.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67111080 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#13Luce_ImperiusPosted 9/3/2013 2:06:32 PM
You'll still put the link to the next thread here right? I saw none even though it's a lot later. I'll also assume noms are still open.

I nominate Celebi (set below). Its Natural Cure allows status absorption, it can Recover off damage, and it covers all the mentioned weaknesses except Flying. HP Fire deals with physical walls like Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Speed/ 252 Satk
Timid

Nasty Plot
Giga Drain
Recover
HP Fire
---
Yes my worldview is the Christian one. Yes I'm a gamer. I respect you as much as you respect these two things.
#14kaonohiokalaPosted 9/3/2013 2:20:01 PM
SorceressTharja posted...
kaonohiokala posted...
wtf @ not bringing CBtar into this round "cuz its a slow cb user 2"

apparently you aren't aware of the #1 core in the game w/ ttar/scizor/lati

EDIT: oh well, RTC re-posted CBtar so i guess it's alright

It also lost to Scizor by significantly more than Latias lost to Garchomp.

ps4me posted...
Rotom-w

Works perfect with both team members you have. Volt/turn synergy with scizor, great response to water pokemon.

There are multiple sets you run. I'd recommend scarfed or bulky.

You need to put a full set. Pick one.

kaonohiokala posted...
wtf @ not bringing CBtar into this round "cuz its a slow cb user 2"

apparently you aren't aware of the #1 core in the game w/ ttar/scizor/lati

EDIT: oh well, RTC re-posted CBtar so i guess it's alright

Again, it lost by considerably more than Latias did as well. Also, 3 choice users (assuming we're at some point going to add a scarfed revenge killer which is generally a good move) can be... restrictive - particularly when 2 are physical (so surely we'll need a special/mixed scarfer). Suddenly we open ourselves to being roftstomped by any team with good defensive synergy.

Not only did you quote my exact same quote twice and give different responses, but you've proven how little you know about competitive battling.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#15uuurrrgghPosted 9/3/2013 2:24:34 PM
I'm suggesting that eventually (like, 6th pokemon) we should pool all the sets that didn't make the cut, as well as newer suggestions.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#16SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 3:48:23 PM
kaonohiokala posted...

Not only did you quote my exact same quote twice and give different responses, but you've proven how little you know about competitive battling.

The first line of both responses is the same. The second expands upon it. I'm not sure why it was quoted twice though. I certainly meant to quote two different posts.

Everyone's style of competitive battling is different, so my opinion on the matter may not line up with yours. I personally find that having 3 maybe 4 choice users would begin to be way too restrictive. Spamming choice is not the way to go at all because, as previously mentioned, it opens to being roflstomped by any team with fairly average prediction and defensive synergy.

Ultimately my opinion doesn't matter, because I get no kind of final say on anything.

Anyways. This is an old thread at this point. I'm going to post the suggestions thread for pokemon 4 when I've counted the votes to this one.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67143334 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#17kaonohiokalaPosted 9/3/2013 7:47:46 PM
There have been tournament winning teams that utilize 3 or 4 choice item users.

Funny how you allow people to recommend and vote for crap like Escavalier and Bouffalant in OU, but disallow CB Scizor and CB Tyranitar from being on the same team because you don't understand a completely viable play-style.
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko