This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Competitive battlers: Keldeo Suspect is over soon (9/2)

#1kaonohiokalaPosted 8/31/2013 12:50:24 PM(edited)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-bw-ou-suspect-testing-round-12-always-i-wanna-be-with-you.3487169/

You gotta get a Glicko2 rating of 2000 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 60 or lower on the "OU (suspect test)" ladder AND the normal OU ladder. You also need more wins than losses.

did YOU get voting rights?
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#2kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 12:49:54 PM
I got OU-current done early because it's ridiculously easy. OU-suspect is a little tougher, but nothing unmanageable.

I'm being lazy and hanging around 2093 88. Decided to take a loser's path towards voting rights. Lose a few purposely early-on then bring up deviation by battling nubs and then battle some decent dudes towards the end (as opposed to skyrocketing ranking early on and having to compete in actual battles until you get voting rights).
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#3Roc_RaidaPosted 8/31/2013 1:10:29 PM
No, I no interesting to do so. Why should I? Most Smogon voters will vote do not ban, so I fail to see why should I try and get voting rights when most share my point of view.
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#4kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 1:19:42 PM
o rly

haven't checked the smogon masses opinion.

a lot of dudes i've faced on ladder have expressed that they want to ban the pony tho.
---
#5SorceressTharjaPosted 8/31/2013 1:50:47 PM
I was too lazy to qualify so far. I could probably do it tomorrow if I tried, but honestly I don't mind whether or not the pony gets banned. I rarely use it, and it doesn't give me too many problems. Sure, it's annoying to play around but it's certainly do-able. I mean, the text on Keldeo's checks and counters on it's analysis page on Smogon is massive. And if you still can't do it? Go get a Slowking. It's honestly not that bad in OU.

Not that it's good but it isn't awful.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67111080 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#6LenneValkiryePosted 8/31/2013 1:57:25 PM(edited)
Some of the arguments supporting Keldeo's ban are hilarious:

"Keldeo should be banned because Tyranitar can Pursuit its checks"

Umm, hello? This is Keldeo we're talking about, not Tyranitar or Tyranitar+Keldeo.
That's called good team synergy.

Either way it's Kyurem-B who needs to get the boot, and fast.
That thing opens huge holes in the opposing team like no one else's business. Send it back to the uber tier where it belongs and don't drop down to OU a 700 BST monster ever again.
#7SorceressTharjaPosted 8/31/2013 2:02:15 PM
Hm. Kyurem-B. You mean the pokemon with dozens of hard counters in OU, including Scizor and Ferrothorn - two of the most common 'mons to see (#1 and #2, actually)? Not to mention it's huge number of checks including Conkeldurr, just about every dragon that isn't Dragonite (we never see those, right?). Also Tyranitar, and so many more. Oh, not forgetting it's stealth rock weakness and susceptibility to other hazards.

...you do realize you can just let it lock itself into Outrage and revenge with nearly any steel type in OU? I think even Forretress can take it out if it's a 3 turn outrage or it has some prior damage. It can punch a hole, sure. But you can dictate that hole. You can even go straight into your steel type, which can probably take 2 outrages if it isn't something frail like Lucario.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67111080 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#8Roc_RaidaPosted 8/31/2013 2:37:57 PM
Some of the arguments supporting Keldeo's ban are hilarious:

"Keldeo should be banned because Tyranitar can Pursuit its checks"

Umm, hello? This is Keldeo we're talking about, not Tyranitar or Tyranitar+Keldeo.
That's called good team synergy.

Either way it's Kyurem-B who needs to get the boot, and fast.
That thing opens huge holes in the opposing team like no one else's business. Send it back to the uber tier where it belongs and don't drop down to OU a 700 BST monster ever again.

That's how Landorus got banned. I also agree that's it a stupid reason to ban a Pokemon.
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB
My ass is property of his most superior JEFFHARDYB0YZ
#9kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 2:39:33 PM
lmao

Kyurem-B is far from broken. It's strong, but OU i just a poor environment for it to utilize its omg 700 BST. Mainly thanks to Ice being such an awful type and Kyurem having no reliable way of dealing with Steel-types with its superior offensive stat.
---
#10kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 2:45:09 PM
The main argument for Landorusi getting banned was "you don't know which set it is!" and that the physical and special sets needed to be handled entirely differently. Wouldn't be a problem if PS was a more proper simulator though, because Sheer Force Landys are always in Dream Balls and Sand Force Landys are never in Dream Balls.
---