This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of the Gen 6 Pokemon revealed so far would make the best HM Slave?

#1White_QueenPosted 8/31/2013 8:21:02 PM
Skiddo/Gogoat?

Maybe Rock Climb, Strength, and possibly Cut?
#2XereintPosted 8/31/2013 8:42:36 PM
It'll most probably be a quadruped like zigzagoon or bidoof looking thing
#3KaizukezuPosted 8/31/2013 8:48:37 PM
Froakie's last form I'm going to say. For the reason of this, most likely: Strength, Dive, Waterfall, Surf

But people don't normally use Starters as HM slaves, if they did, he'd be the one.

Otherwise, I would think Talonflame might cover: Cut, Fly, Strength, MAYBE Flash (Not really sure, never used a bird as an HM slave, and I only assume Flash because of it being Fire type)
---
3DS Friend Code- 2535-3717-4504
White Friend Code- 0476-3773-4673
#4Gary_MillerPosted 8/31/2013 8:59:57 PM
Honestly, why are hms still a thing. You should be able to learn an hm for its ability but not it's move. Pokemon games have so much room for improvement but yet they still keep outdated concepts from twenty years ago.
#5Digital_Knyte07Posted 8/31/2013 9:05:03 PM
Gary_Miller posted...
Honestly, why are hms still a thing. You should be able to learn an hm for its ability but not it's move. Pokemon games have so much room for improvement but yet they still keep outdated concepts from twenty years ago.

TIL 1996 was 20 years ago.
---
I hate college but love all the parties
Finishing kegs and crushing bottles of Bacardi
#6gamester_12345Posted 9/1/2013 6:05:57 AM
Zigzagoon is in the Pokedex...Cut, Surf...Strength..rock smash? probably depends what HMs makes a comeback this generation, and which ones are downgraded....you could probably interchangably swap out rock smash with something like Dig, assuming RS is a TM this gen.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2402
KoL: Plucky, currently a Pastamancer
#7Gary_MillerPosted 9/1/2013 10:15:59 AM
Digital_Knyte07 posted...
Gary_Miller posted...

TIL 1996 was 20 years ago.

Only post if you're going add to the breadth of the conversation. And have you heard of an estimation before?

The pokemon developers do not make changes like these because how conservative the gaming community is and how hung up they are on th 'nostalgia factor'.

To add to my previous post: The HM mechanic is outdated. You guys are discussing which pokemon to make an hm slave. Why waste a slot in your precious 6 man pokemon roster with a useless pokemon. Why not just have a
An option to learn the ability of the HM without taking up one of your four moves. As an avid pokemon game fan, this was one of the mechanics that bothered me the most. Yes, you can get around it with an HM slave. But you shouldn't need to.
#8paiprPosted 9/1/2013 10:21:51 AM
Honestly we have no way of knowing. The only assumption we can make is that a flying types (save for the bug) will get fly and the water types will get surf/waterfall. So for now froakie, screlp, and clauncher are the best.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071