This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can Bastiodon be good as a special attacker, or would Physical be better?

#1DuncanwiiPosted 9/1/2013 9:28:08 AM
I'm running a gimmick set in Platinum's Frontier where I'm using Pokemon that can function well both defensively and offensively. My set so far is Gastrodon, Gallade, Noctowl, Tangrowth, and Porygon Z (The exception to my rule, I just like the Pokemon.) My question is, should I gear Bastiodon (the last Pokemon I have to set up.) towards Physical or Special attacks. It's offensive stats are close together but still low and it's Special movepool is pretty big. Any opinions.
---
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
#2uuurrrgghPosted 9/1/2013 9:34:02 AM
There's practically no difference, so go with it. However, I'd recommend status moves like toxic over any offensive moves, since as you said Bastiodon has crap offense.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#3ChaosMew161Posted 9/1/2013 9:36:28 AM
Bastiodon is a defensive Pokémon. It's almost a sitting duck offensively. If you want to do damage with a Bastiodon, use Metal Burst.
---
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
#4Duncanwii(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 10:10:07 AM
I was thinking maybe a mixed set. Quiet nature with Avalanche, Metal Burst, Thunderbolt, and either Taunt or Flamethrower.
---
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.