This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can Bastiodon be good as a special attacker, or would Physical be better?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can Bastiodon be good as a special attacker, or would Physical be better?
3 years ago#1
I'm running a gimmick set in Platinum's Frontier where I'm using Pokemon that can function well both defensively and offensively. My set so far is Gastrodon, Gallade, Noctowl, Tangrowth, and Porygon Z (The exception to my rule, I just like the Pokemon.) My question is, should I gear Bastiodon (the last Pokemon I have to set up.) towards Physical or Special attacks. It's offensive stats are close together but still low and it's Special movepool is pretty big. Any opinions.
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
3 years ago#2
There's practically no difference, so go with it. However, I'd recommend status moves like toxic over any offensive moves, since as you said Bastiodon has crap offense.
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
3 years ago#3
Bastiodon is a defensive Pokémon. It's almost a sitting duck offensively. If you want to do damage with a Bastiodon, use Metal Burst.
When it comes to Pokemon, I like Generation V over Generation I. Flame me.
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5121-4760 (PM me if you added me with your FC!)
3 years ago#4
I was thinking maybe a mixed set. Quiet nature with Avalanche, Metal Burst, Thunderbolt, and either Taunt or Flamethrower.
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Can Bastiodon be good as a special attacker, or would Physical be better?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived