This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Genesect classified as a Legendary Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is Genesect classified as a Legendary Pokemon?
3 years ago#1
Was it involved in a legendary tale or a myth? No, it wasn't. It has as much historical significance as fossil Pokémon. and don't get me started with Mewtwo...
"Those who ridiculed the almighty Dunsparce shall be it's first victims. For those who repent there ways, MegaDunsparce shall consider mercy."
3 years ago#2
I thought "legendary" was a fan term, I don't recall the games calling them that.
3 years ago#3
Has Mewtwo ever been on a legend or a myth? No, yet is still a legendary. Genesect is the same.
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
3 years ago#4
Legendary in the pokemon world doesn't involve just being part of a myth. A pokemon could be called legendary because of a myth or rarity, in the case of Genesect and Mewtwo. There aren't a million clones of Mew or Kabutops that have been equipped with technology.
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
3 years ago#5
Sloth9230 posted...
I thought "legendary" was a fan term, I don't recall the games calling them that.

I think it became official recently. But it started out as a fan term.
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary_pokemon/

Official material calls event pokemon mythical pokemon, though.
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
3 years ago#6
Sloth9230 posted...

You are correct. It is a fan term and the biggest thing that puts a pokemon within that category is stats...not legends based around it.
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
3 years ago#7
This topic made me realize...

legendaries are only suppose to be only one. How come so many Genesects exist...in the movie.... >_>
3 years ago#8
spooky96 posted...

legendaries are only suppose to be only one. How come so many Genesects exist...in the movie.... >_>

Anime isn't canon.

Also, it's more like legendaries are so rare you're lucky to see one in your life.
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
3 years ago#9
NewbieN00b posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

I think it became official recently. But it started out as a fan term.
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary_pokemon/

Official material calls event pokemon mythical pokemon, though.

:o
3 years ago#10
spooky96 posted...

Thats actually not true. A lot of legendaries have multiples, its just that they are supposed to be super rare. I remember in pokemon snap you could see multiple of the legendary birds IIRC.
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Why is Genesect classified as a Legendary Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived