This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Genesect classified as a Legendary Pokemon?

#1pikachu6598Posted 9/1/2013 12:08:02 PM
Was it involved in a legendary tale or a myth? No, it wasn't. It has as much historical significance as fossil Pokémon. and don't get me started with Mewtwo...
---
"Those who ridiculed the almighty Dunsparce shall be it's first victims. For those who repent there ways, MegaDunsparce shall consider mercy."
#2Sloth9230Posted 9/1/2013 12:10:25 PM
I thought "legendary" was a fan term, I don't recall the games calling them that.
#3Tigo73Posted 9/1/2013 12:12:28 PM
Has Mewtwo ever been on a legend or a myth? No, yet is still a legendary. Genesect is the same.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#4GBeastMegamanBXPosted 9/1/2013 12:13:37 PM
Legendary in the pokemon world doesn't involve just being part of a myth. A pokemon could be called legendary because of a myth or rarity, in the case of Genesect and Mewtwo. There aren't a million clones of Mew or Kabutops that have been equipped with technology.
---
"I noticed your beautiful hair right away" - Minato to Kushina
#5NewbieN00bPosted 9/1/2013 12:14:00 PM
Sloth9230 posted...
I thought "legendary" was a fan term, I don't recall the games calling them that.

I think it became official recently. But it started out as a fan term.
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary_pokemon/

Official material calls event pokemon mythical pokemon, though.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#6SirPiercePosted 9/1/2013 12:14:26 PM
Sloth9230 posted...

You are correct. It is a fan term and the biggest thing that puts a pokemon within that category is stats...not legends based around it.
---
NNID - Aerontar. Steam - KingAerontar
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#7spooky96Posted 9/1/2013 12:15:42 PM
This topic made me realize...

legendaries are only suppose to be only one. How come so many Genesects exist...in the movie.... >_>
#8SalsaSavantPosted 9/1/2013 12:17:05 PM
spooky96 posted...

legendaries are only suppose to be only one. How come so many Genesects exist...in the movie.... >_>

Anime isn't canon.

Also, it's more like legendaries are so rare you're lucky to see one in your life.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#9Sloth9230Posted 9/1/2013 12:17:40 PM
NewbieN00b posted...
Sloth9230 posted...

I think it became official recently. But it started out as a fan term.
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary_pokemon/

Official material calls event pokemon mythical pokemon, though.

:o
#10yzmanPosted 9/1/2013 12:27:00 PM
spooky96 posted...

Thats actually not true. A lot of legendaries have multiples, its just that they are supposed to be super rare. I remember in pokemon snap you could see multiple of the legendary birds IIRC.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."