This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wanting to catch them all...Start from scratch or play white 2 first?

#1Nend0Posted 9/2/2013 2:11:02 PM
Hey guys I was wanting to know if y'all think I should just wait for x and y to come out first and start from scratch or if i Should go get white 2 and start playing that so I can transfer pokemon over to Y...the reason I ask this is because it has always been my goal to complete the national dex an this gen I want to actually do it! What do y'all suggest? Thanks!
#2Quiet_NoisePosted 9/2/2013 2:13:33 PM
Time's a big factor in this, and you can have White 2 in your hands now.
#3Nend0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 2:15:17 PM
Yeah but I don't want to play through white 2 ALL over again because I don't have it anymore...I would have to get another copy
#4Quiet_NoisePosted 9/2/2013 2:21:36 PM(edited)
You can't catch them all on one cartridge, however. I mean I guess you can global world link for hours on end but damn that's boring. Alternatively, just get Black 2. There's only a handful of differences, but just enough that occasionally you'd be surprised by it.

Either way, your reluctance to play through a game that can legitimately be beaten in about 25 [hours] speaks volumes about your ability to dedicate yourself [to playing video games in general].

EDIT : Clarification.
#5AinodehnaPosted 9/2/2013 2:20:34 PM
Quiet_Noise posted...
You can't catch them all on one cartridge, however. I mean I guess you can global world link for hours on end but damn that's boring. Alternatively, just get Black 2. There's only a handful of differences, but just enough that occasionally you'd be surprised by it.

Either way, your reluctance to play through a game that can legitimately be beaten in about 25 speaks volumes about your ability to dedicate yourself.

lmao holy ****
---
GSW
#6Nend0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 3:30:07 PM
Quiet_Noise posted...

Either way, your reluctance to play through a game that can legitimately be beaten in about 25 [hours] speaks volumes about your ability to dedicate yourself [to playing video games in general].

You're an idiot
#7Quiet_NoisePosted 9/2/2013 4:59:40 PM
I want to do a task that takes an extreme amount of time, but am reluctant to do a lesser task that will likely be needed to accomplish the greater one.

That is how I read your post, and why I feel as though it is unlikely you will finish it. It isn't even meant with negative intention.

Here, how's this; play what you find fun in a manner that reinforces it. My apologies for making a conclusion, enjoy your day/evening.
#8MaplesGrandGMPosted 9/2/2013 5:06:01 PM
Nend0 posted...
Quiet_Noise posted...

You're an idiot

It's kinda rude to call someone an idiot for trying to give you legit advice. You created this topic for advice, and then you immediately whined about your inability to do half of the advice you were asking for. Imo, the only idiot, is the TC.
#9PedroScarPosted 9/3/2013 4:40:42 AM
Should start from scratch as of now, its not confirmed that you can connect the games
---
Pokemon black:4556_2767_3590
#10jEr3mYPosted 9/3/2013 5:29:06 AM
If money is an issue, just get X/Y and start from scratch.... No point getting a game just for Pokemon to transfer which hasn't been confirmed or denied yet.. and you'll play X/Y anyway...

I have Gen 5 games but I'm thinking of starting from scratch.... Will see what can't be obtained in X/Y though...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013