This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Mega Evolutions don't waste a turn, why should Zen Mode and Relic Song?

#1Dino-KPosted 9/2/2013 8:06:39 PM
Pokemon can only change into their mega form with a mega stone. So long as a Darmanitan has Zen Mode and Meloetta knows Relic Song, they should be able to freely change form too. And yes, I know Zen Mode doesn't waste a turn, but Darmanitan needs to be at half health for it to work.
---
3ds friend code: 1676-3803-7109 (Dean)
ACNL Dream Address: 5000-2397-1523| Dean from Thundaga
#2FuneralCakePosted 9/2/2013 8:07:13 PM
You really want to know why? Game Freak.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
i'm depending on a generator just to breathe in air
#3NeonDragon9000Posted 9/2/2013 8:10:19 PM
It's possible that Zen Mode and Relic Song may get reworked in Gen. VI.

Zen Mode, especially, now seems like it was sort of an experiment to see how in-battle forme changing would work out.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#4javel34Posted 9/2/2013 8:12:39 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
It's possible that Zen Mode and Relic Song may get reworked in Gen. VI.

Zen Mode, especially, now seems like it was sort of an experiment to see how in-battle forme changing would work out.

Maybe, but they won't introduce a stone for it, so I wonder how you would choose it.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#5JustinTheJaggedPosted 9/2/2013 8:14:55 PM
Well, Relic Song uses a turn because it's an attack. I would definitely like to see a non attack version of it that doesn't take a turn, though.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#6Dino-K(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 8:15:05 PM
javel34 posted...
Maybe, but they won't introduce a stone for it, so I wonder how you would choose it.

If Darmanitan has Zen Mode, it can just freely change. Same thing with Meloetta knowing relic song.
---
3ds friend code: 1676-3803-7109 (Dean)
ACNL Dream Address: 5000-2397-1523| Dean from Thundaga
#7AverticePosted 9/2/2013 8:23:30 PM
On another note, it makes me wonder how they will handle other forms of Pokemon - like Giratina for example. Will it stay the same or will they make it a Mega Evolution? Griseous Orb could be another type of "-ite" orb that causes Mega Evolution.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5485 - 8720
PSN: Avertice
#8javel34Posted 9/2/2013 8:31:24 PM
Dino-K posted...
javel34 posted...

If Darmanitan has Zen Mode, it can just freely change. Same thing with Meloetta knowing relic song.

Yea but then game canon wise it wouldn't make sense I don't think.
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#9NessEggmanPosted 9/2/2013 8:31:47 PM
But Zen Mode and Relic Song are different than a Mega Evolution... It's like asking why don't ALL moves have 100% accuracy when some of the other do? Why should Hyper Beam take an extra turn when Tackle doesn't?!

Well, because they're different...

Zen Mode is a defensive mode that Darm goes into when it is hurt... Mega Evolution is not.

IDK I feel like this is just kind of obvious...???

And they're not going to rework the mechanics for these... Mega Evolution is not meant to replace the concept of formes O_o
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#10Faust_8Posted 9/2/2013 8:35:20 PM
Avertice posted...
On another note, it makes me wonder how they will handle other forms of Pokemon - like Giratina for example. Will it stay the same or will they make it a Mega Evolution? Griseous Orb could be another type of "-ite" orb that causes Mega Evolution.

Why would that change? Mega evolutions only happen in battle and go away when it's over, however the existing transformations happen OUTside of battle and are permanent as long as the item is held or whatever.

They have nothing in common except that they're both an altering of the Pokemon.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.