This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just transfered and evolved the Togepi from Pokemon XD

#1JoJoX200Posted 9/3/2013 2:06:29 AM
... and it changed its ability to Serene Grace! Which means I now have a Serene Grace Togetic with Ancient Power(20% to boost all stats) and STAB Tri Attack(40% to inflict freeze, para or burn). Of course I want to use these great moves, at least Tri Attack.
Problem is, I've never used Togekiss and have no idea what good sets for it exist. That's where you come into play! Help me find a set with the following conditions:

- no egg moves as I can't breed Tri Attack(that means no Nasty Plot)
- no gen3 tutor moves
- set has to work with +SpAtk -SpDef nature as that is what I got
- Tri Attack must be included(Ancient Power would be fun too, but I'm aware of how unreliable it is)
- it should be useable in Rotation matches

I know these are quite a few and quite harsh conditions, but I hope someone is still willing to help me out.

For starters, I came up with some roles Togekiss with its natural bulk can fulfil in rotations:

- Dual Screener: Straight forward. Not star of the show but aiding in the sweep of another. Spreading status with Serene Grace helps out too.

- Work Up: Not as useful as NastyPlot, but useable. Allows me to use ExtremeSpeed to some extent too

- Roost + three attacks: Tank away and hit back just as hard. Which moves should I use to attack tough?
#2Darth_KamcioPosted 9/3/2013 3:08:13 AM
Whenever I hear about Serene Grace Togekiss, Thunder Wave + Air slash ParaFlinch hax comes to mind.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#3JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 3:13:31 AM
That was on my list too at first. However, Tri Attack kind of works against specifically paraflinching.
#4Darth_KamcioPosted 9/3/2013 5:11:30 AM
Then you can go simply:

Tri Attack for stab and status
Flamethrower for steels that resist Tri Attack
Grass Knot for rocks that resist Tri Attack
Roost/Substitute/whatever you fancy

With these three moves you can go normal or super effective against all but 4 pokemon - Giratina and Litwick family.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#5Peachrules14Posted 9/3/2013 5:19:47 AM
Instead of Grass Knot, I'd do water pulse. It also has that great chance for confusion. Definitely consider using Roost too.
---
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699