This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fletchling / Talonflame? Cool, but what about early Grass-types and Water-types?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fletchling / Talonflame? Cool, but what about early Grass-types and Water-types?

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#11
Its possible there might not be that many new pokemon at all. It could just be like gen 2 where they add pokemon but its largely using other gens pokemon too.
I like Lances!

User Info: Lucis_Ferre

Lucis_Ferre
3 years ago#12
Mankey was version exclusive in RBG and available before the first Gym even back then. It's counterpart Meowth though was later so...only a sorta case.

HGSS also sorta had Ekans, though only Ekans was before the first Gym while Sandshrew was a bit after due to the moved grass spot.

RS had Lotad and Seedot

Later games none come to mind.

Not counting Crystal having Teddiursa and Phanpy pre-first Gym since third version.
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'

User Info: Jaricko

Jaricko
3 years ago#13
Lucis_Ferre posted...
Mankey was version exclusive in RBG and available before the first Gym even back then. It's counterpart Meowth though was later so...only a sorta case.

HGSS also sorta had Ekans, though only Ekans was before the first Gym while Sandshrew was a bit after due to the moved grass spot.

RS had Lotad and Seedot

Later games none come to mind.

Not counting Crystal having Teddiursa and Phanpy pre-first Gym since third version.

You could get a Teddiursa early in Crystal? I had Crystal and that is news to me. I knew about Phanpy though. Never really managed to catch one despite trying to all the time.
I like Lances!

User Info: Lucis_Ferre

Lucis_Ferre
3 years ago#14
You could catch wild Teddiursa in Violet City-side Dark Cave in Crystal. Bit on the rare side though, but not non-swarm Dunsparce rare.

Forget if like Phanpy they were only a certain time though.
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'

User Info: mehmetski

mehmetski
3 years ago#15
i think marill will be obtainable quite early
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256

User Info: Emerald_Melios

Emerald_Melios
3 years ago#16
mehmetski posted...
i think marill will be obtainable quite early

I hope so

User Info: zeik56

zeik56
3 years ago#17
Is it really that important to have all three early? There are other types that can cover what they can do. Not to mention we already know we get Gen 1 starters, so that's two guaranteed.
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis

User Info: Twilight_Sonata

Twilight_Sonata
3 years ago#18
zeik56 posted...
Not to mention we already know we get Gen 1 starters

We did not know that when this thread was created. =P

User Info: kaiser ryu

kaiser ryu
3 years ago#19
Water already had it's early game time to shine in gen 3. Even grass had Shroomish and Lotad then too. Fire has been consistently neglected for a while now. Early game fire Pokemon being prevalent as late as the sixth generation is about as long overdue as a thing can get.
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
3 years ago#20
Wasn't it not till very much later that you could get a non starter water time in Red/Blue? Magikarp nonwithstanding, of course.
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Fletchling / Talonflame? Cool, but what about early Grass-types and Water-types?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived