This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fletchling / Talonflame? Cool, but what about early Grass-types and Water-types?

#11JarickoPosted 9/3/2013 7:33:42 AM
Its possible there might not be that many new pokemon at all. It could just be like gen 2 where they add pokemon but its largely using other gens pokemon too.
---
I like Lances!
#12Lucis_FerrePosted 9/3/2013 7:36:24 AM
Mankey was version exclusive in RBG and available before the first Gym even back then. It's counterpart Meowth though was later so...only a sorta case.

HGSS also sorta had Ekans, though only Ekans was before the first Gym while Sandshrew was a bit after due to the moved grass spot.

RS had Lotad and Seedot

Later games none come to mind.

Not counting Crystal having Teddiursa and Phanpy pre-first Gym since third version.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#13JarickoPosted 9/3/2013 8:02:12 AM
Lucis_Ferre posted...
Mankey was version exclusive in RBG and available before the first Gym even back then. It's counterpart Meowth though was later so...only a sorta case.

HGSS also sorta had Ekans, though only Ekans was before the first Gym while Sandshrew was a bit after due to the moved grass spot.

RS had Lotad and Seedot

Later games none come to mind.

Not counting Crystal having Teddiursa and Phanpy pre-first Gym since third version.

You could get a Teddiursa early in Crystal? I had Crystal and that is news to me. I knew about Phanpy though. Never really managed to catch one despite trying to all the time.
---
I like Lances!
#14Lucis_FerrePosted 9/3/2013 8:18:15 AM
You could catch wild Teddiursa in Violet City-side Dark Cave in Crystal. Bit on the rare side though, but not non-swarm Dunsparce rare.

Forget if like Phanpy they were only a certain time though.
---
'Success rates are but scientific theory. A brave heart will defy any odds!'
'Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything.'
#15mehmetskiPosted 9/3/2013 8:21:54 AM
i think marill will be obtainable quite early
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#16Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/4/2013 8:16:15 PM
mehmetski posted...
i think marill will be obtainable quite early

I hope so
#17zeik56Posted 9/4/2013 8:26:08 PM
Is it really that important to have all three early? There are other types that can cover what they can do. Not to mention we already know we get Gen 1 starters, so that's two guaranteed.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#18Twilight_Sonata(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:36:53 PM
zeik56 posted...
Not to mention we already know we get Gen 1 starters

We did not know that when this thread was created. =P
#19kaiser ryuPosted 9/4/2013 8:40:56 PM
Water already had it's early game time to shine in gen 3. Even grass had Shroomish and Lotad then too. Fire has been consistently neglected for a while now. Early game fire Pokemon being prevalent as late as the sixth generation is about as long overdue as a thing can get.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#20WiiareVenomPosted 9/4/2013 9:07:56 PM
Wasn't it not till very much later that you could get a non starter water time in Red/Blue? Magikarp nonwithstanding, of course.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.