This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Game Mechanics

#1jon2d2Posted 9/3/2013 5:31:14 AM
1) Voice chat on GTS Negotiations

2) An option on GTS to search through Pokemon that other players are requesting

(i.e. I have a Magikarp that I want to get rid of - I can run a search for seekers and it shows me all of the people currently requesting a Magikarp allowing me to just choose my favourite from the ones that fit)

3) A two way option for gym rematches in the post game - When you go back to a gym the leader give you two choices. a) Battle them at their normal, original trainer level from the main game - and also b) a post game battle at their full strength, lv.80 or so

(We cannot restart - Only one save :'( - But i always want to run the gym battles with a new set of low level pokemon again. It also explains how some gym leaders are so insanely weak and allowed to run a gym ;p)

4) The ability to change the six party pokemon from the main menu

(We've had pokegear - Well the transfer system is kind of like a wireless network - Our real world phones have had wireless for a long time, it's time the pokemon world's phones reflected that. Ball shrinks down, clicks into a curved dock on the phones back. Transfers. Simple xD)

and..

5) More breeding pens

(Think of Chocobos in FF7. Now that we're in 3D... The day care centre can be like a little barn and in that barn there could be three or four separate holding pens. Each pen with its own little egg holder at the end by where you can walk.
The idea would be that each pen can hold two pokemon. If the two in that pen make an egg then it appears in that basket and you can choose to take it or throw it away from there - Other than that it would all work the same, paying to get them back etc)

Obviously these are wishes and not in X or Y
Thoughts?
---
I am on the PSN - Add and thou shalt be reciprocated - jon2d2
#2Tigo73Posted 9/3/2013 5:32:38 AM
6) More than one save file.

I like all your ideas.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#3EnixRocksPosted 9/3/2013 5:33:45 AM
I hate the idea of voice chat.

Text chat? Yes. Not voice.
---
I only laugh at pain, and it's about to get real funny.
#4ZappaMoonunitPosted 9/3/2013 5:33:53 AM
U so cray TC, shoulda just bumped ur first few topics. And if no one responds then then no one likes ur ideas. Have a nice day!
---
The Man, The Beast, The Legend, The One TRUE Heir to The Dwee Legacy Returns
#5jEr3mYPosted 9/3/2013 5:34:41 AM
Tigo73 posted...
6) More than one save file.

I like all your ideas.

will NEVER happen.... more than one save file = less games bought = less money.. It'd be the dumbest idea GameFreak would make if they did this...
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
#6jon2d2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 5:42:45 AM
EnixRocks posted...
I hate the idea of voice chat.

Text chat? Yes. Not voice.

Yeah either way is good with me.
Trying to get people to stop just showing off their legendaries is infuriating.

I'm trying to complete my National Dex on Black 2 and it takes too long to find someone the way it is.
---
I am on the PSN - Add and thou shalt be reciprocated - jon2d2
#7Missingno_MastrPosted 9/3/2013 5:57:07 AM
jon2d2 posted...
1) Voice chat on GTS Negotiations

2) An option on GTS to search through Pokemon that other players are requesting

(i.e. I have a Magikarp that I want to get rid of - I can run a search for seekers and it shows me all of the people currently requesting a Magikarp allowing me to just choose my favourite from the ones that fit)

3) A two way option for gym rematches in the post game - When you go back to a gym the leader give you two choices. a) Battle them at their normal, original trainer level from the main game - and also b) a post game battle at their full strength, lv.80 or so

(We cannot restart - Only one save :'( - But i always want to run the gym battles with a new set of low level pokemon again. It also explains how some gym leaders are so insanely weak and allowed to run a gym ;p)

4) The ability to change the six party pokemon from the main menu

(We've had pokegear - Well the transfer system is kind of like a wireless network - Our real world phones have had wireless for a long time, it's time the pokemon world's phones reflected that. Ball shrinks down, clicks into a curved dock on the phones back. Transfers. Simple xD)

and..

5) More breeding pens

(Think of Chocobos in FF7. Now that we're in 3D... The day care centre can be like a little barn and in that barn there could be three or four separate holding pens. Each pen with its own little egg holder at the end by where you can walk.
The idea would be that each pen can hold two pokemon. If the two in that pen make an egg then it appears in that basket and you can choose to take it or throw it away from there - Other than that it would all work the same, paying to get them back etc)

Obviously these are wishes and not in X or Y
Thoughts?

1: Hell no. Voice chatting with randomly selected people around the globe on a game marketed for kids... So much potential for disaster.

2: Do want. Do want very much.

3: Interesting idea, and I see what you're saying about wanting to go through it with another set of weak Pokémon.

4: Much as I'd like this, it ain't happening. The PC automatically heals Pokémon, so being able to access it from everywhere would all but eliminate the need to stockpile healing items, you'd only need them in battles.

5: That could work.
---
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/110trainer#0 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#8SMASHKING84Posted 9/3/2013 6:14:21 PM
1.return of pokemon following you
2.an option mode to play with action commands
3.travel to all six regions
4.NOT an mmo(unless it's still turn based and STILL has 40 hours of single player)
5.hms no longer exist all moves like surf are now TMS
6.maybe the abilty to have the game build a team for you.
7.after you beat the gym leaders you can re fight them with them having a full team of 6 level 100 pokemon
-the same with the elite four and the champ.
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4
#9TheMasterTurtlePosted 9/3/2013 6:54:27 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
1.return of pokemon following you
2.an option mode to play with action commands
3.travel to all six regions
4.NOT an mmo(unless it's still turn based and STILL has 40 hours of single player)
5.hms no longer exist all moves like surf are now TMS
6.maybe the abilty to have the game build a team for you.
7.after you beat the gym leaders you can re fight them with them having a full team of 6 level 100 pokemon
-the same with the elite four and the champ.

1. Sure.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No MMO ever.
5. No, ruins the point of HMs.
6. No? Why?
7. Yes, kinda. I'd rather it vary for the leaders, four and champ so the power levels make sense.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#10SMASHKING84Posted 9/3/2013 7:01:26 PM
why you agianst an option? you don't have to use it.
i only suggested it because action command is the best type of rpg battle system imo.

you still get to plan out you strategy like a turn based game but timing matters to make the game more involved. again i'm not suggesting it'd be manaditory
---
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDtJvYrFD4