This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do You Decide what Pokemon to Transfer?

#1SimirroPosted 9/3/2013 3:24:29 PM
I have never transferred or migrated, but this generation I am going to dedicate one of the games to restarting, and one to keep the file forever. How do you balance between sending all of your Pokemon to not letting any go? For instance, I make a file on Y. I play through the game, and then when the next games come out, I want to trade some monsters. Do I send my starter and leave the bad ones for the old game, or do I send all my creatures and make a new team on the old file? Help :/
---
(Insert creative signature here)
#2FuneralCakePosted 9/3/2013 3:27:19 PM
This is how I do it:

a) Can I get these Pokemon in the game I'm transferring to? If not, I will send them.
2) Is this Pokemon super rare (shiny, event, etc.)? If so, I will send them.
3) Do I have some weird emotional attachment to this Pokemon? (Almost never) If so, I will send them.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
i'm depending on a generator just to breathe in air
#3el_tercer_poderPosted 9/3/2013 3:27:44 PM
For me it's easy: I transfer all the Pokemon I trained for online battling, as well as those that CAN'T be caught on the current gen (mostly legendaries).

Simple as that.
---
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
#4Simirro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 3:32:36 PM
FuneralCake posted...
This is how I do it:

a) Can I get these Pokemon in the game I'm transferring to? If not, I will send them.
2) Is this Pokemon super rare (shiny, event, etc.)? If so, I will send them.
3) Do I have some weird emotional attachment to this Pokemon? (Almost never) If so, I will send them.

This seems to make sense, but then what is left on the old game?
---
#5KitarooPosted 9/3/2013 3:34:06 PM
el_tercer_poder posted...
For me it's easy: I transfer all the Pokemon I trained for online battling, as well as those that CAN'T be caught on the current gen (mostly legendaries).

Simple as that.

---
Currently playing : ACNL / M&LDT
#6FuneralCakePosted 9/3/2013 3:38:11 PM
Simirro posted...

Ideally, I wouldn't be transferring much over. If it's something I can breed, I breed a new Pokemon to send over instead of sending my only copy.

Pretty much, I only transfer things over if I absolutely have to. Usually it's just limited to things like legendaries and starters, so I still have a ton left over on my old game.

But, that said, if you don't play to play the old game anymore, just transfer everything you want.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
i'm depending on a generator just to breathe in air
#7Luigi playerPosted 9/3/2013 3:40:21 PM
1. clone the ones you might want to keep
2. send a clone to the new game
---
I'm a the Luigi master!
www.freewebs.com/luigi_player/
#8Simirro(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 3:46:47 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Simirro posted...

Ideally, I wouldn't be transferring much over. If it's something I can breed, I breed a new Pokemon to send over instead of sending my only copy.

Pretty much, I only transfer things over if I absolutely have to. Usually it's just limited to things like legendaries and starters, so I still have a ton left over on my old game.

But, that said, if you don't play to play the old game anymore, just transfer everything you want.

I like the breeding Idea! Reminds me of how Ash's Pikachu resets in skill after every generation.

If I do it, I will send over my first team, legendary monsters, important creatures and any shiny or event Pokemon. That way if something happens to the old game, the best 'mon will be safe on the new cart.
---
#9X_Ayumi_XPosted 9/3/2013 8:59:35 PM
All of them.
I mean... really.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender || PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to. 3DS: 2921 9091 2567
#10SuperSonicDBZPosted 9/3/2013 9:00:28 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
All of them.
I mean... really.

---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A