This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HYPOTHETICAL: Numerous older Pokemon have retconned evolutions.

#1NeonDragon9000Posted 9/3/2013 3:28:19 PM
For example, Slowpoke now requires a Shellder in the active party to evolve. Upon hitting Lv. 37, it will evolve into Slowbro, unless it's holding the King's Rock, in which case it evolves into Slowking. The older evolutions methods would no longer work as of Gen. VI.

Another possibility could be turning Nidoran into a single Pokemon line, with obvious gender differences. (Which would still maintain each gender having different stat arrangements and moves.)

Would you be in favor of this?
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#2SirPikachuPosted 9/3/2013 3:32:00 PM
Slowpoke's all right, but nidoran is terrible, it would mess up the dex number of nearly ALL the mons.
---
gat mi swaeg ohn, aint ekven gun tuch meh.
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 9/3/2013 3:32:18 PM
SirPikachu posted...
Slowpoke's all right, but nidoran is terrible, it would mess up the dex number of nearly ALL the mons.

---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#4jakovuPosted 9/3/2013 3:33:10 PM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Another possibility could be turning Nidoran into a single Pokemon line, with obvious gender differences. (Which would still maintain each gender having different stat arrangements and moves.)

In other words, different Pokémon?
#5sonOFestarkPosted 9/3/2013 3:43:23 PM(edited)
jakovu posted...
NeonDragon9000 posted...

In other words, different Pokémon?

Exactly what I thought. I'd love more non-level up/completely level up evolutions though, like the Slowpoke idea.
---
White 2 FC: 2624 0707 4433
One day, long ago, I ate a glowing piece of moldy cheese. Later that day, VeghEsther was born in my bathroom.
#6NeonDragon9000(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 3:44:07 PM
SirPikachu posted...

Exactly. I know it won't happen for that reason.

That said, though, I would be in favor of a completely reorganized Pokedex, that sorted Pokemon first by type (alphabetically) and then lowest evolution form (alphabetically).

Will never happen, but hey, I can dream.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe