This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fairy-type move integration

#1sonOFestarkPosted 9/3/2013 3:27:14 PM
I wonder, will a lot of pokemon be able to learn Fairy-type moves? Will a some moves be practically Fairy-exclusive and others widespread (I'd think so)?

How many Fairy-type TMs might there be?
And, for that matter, how many TMs will there be in all (a side-thought)?
---
White 2 FC: 2624 0707 4433
One day, long ago, I ate a glowing piece of moldy cheese. Later that day, VeghEsther was born in my bathroom.
#2PheonixFFire7Posted 9/3/2013 3:34:08 PM
Considering how long it took for good Dark moves to really become wide-spread, I dont feel like Fairy-type moves will be that plentiful at first. Probably like 4-5 damage dealing moves with iffy distribution and a decent amount of support moves (many of which are just retyped old moves, like Heal Pulse).
#3sonOFestark(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 3:54:12 PM
PheonixFFire7 posted...
Considering how long it took for good Dark moves to really become wide-spread, I dont feel like Fairy-type moves will be that plentiful at first. Probably like 4-5 damage dealing moves with iffy distribution and a decent amount of support moves (many of which are just retyped old moves, like Heal Pulse).

You know, I hadn't even thought about retypings. I basically agree with what you say, though I do think it'll be a bit better than dark's original move distribution, especially considering the number of Fairy-type pokemon to be introduced in Gen 6 as compared to the number of Dark-types introduced in Gen 2 (And Steel-types, for that matter).
---
One day, long ago, I ate a glowing piece of moldy cheese. Later that day, VeghEsther was born in my bathroom.
#4FullAutoCVTPosted 9/3/2013 3:59:33 PM
And the number of moves in general + more TMs + move tutors will help others get them. Still, I think GF might limit their distribution on purpose so that the actual fairy type pokemon don't end up being obscure with their moves used by every other type. There'll probably be a lot of OU fairies, but you never know these things for sure.
#5LazorFistPosted 9/3/2013 4:06:24 PM
I can see Psychics and a few Dark or Normal types getting Moonblast if it turns out to be a TM.
#6Great_ReapettePosted 9/3/2013 4:07:02 PM
Will any moves be retyped to Fairy?
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#7sonOFestark(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 4:18:20 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
Will any moves be retyped to Fairy?

PheonixFFire7^ put that idea into at least my head. There are plenty of Normal and Psychic-type moves I could see being retyped to Fairy, albeit, mostly support moves.

Also ^^^,^^ agreed
---
#8tsunamisurfer08Posted 9/3/2013 4:39:26 PM
sonOFestark posted...
PheonixFFire7 posted...

You know, I hadn't even thought about retypings. I basically agree with what you say, though I do think it'll be a bit better than dark's original move distribution, especially considering the number of Fairy-type pokemon to be introduced in Gen 6 as compared to the number of Dark-types introduced in Gen 2 (And Steel-types, for that matter).

Dark had what, Bite, Crunch, and Faint Attack right? Just like Steel only had Iron Tail, Metal Claw, and Steel Wing(I think Claw was Gen2 anyways). Of course, Ghost got a new toy with Shadow Ball even though it was physical at the time and I don't think anything could take advantage of it.
---
Everything I have ever learned about life can be summed up in three words: It goes on.
-Robert Frost
#9yzmanPosted 9/3/2013 4:57:12 PM
Weren't all ghost moves physical in second gen?
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#10PheonixFFire7Posted 9/3/2013 5:03:19 PM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
sonOFestark posted...
PheonixFFire7 posted...

Dark had what, Bite, Crunch, and Faint Attack right? Just like Steel only had Iron Tail, Metal Claw, and Steel Wing(I think Claw was Gen2 anyways). Of course, Ghost got a new toy with Shadow Ball even though it was physical at the time and I don't think anything could take advantage of it.

Dark also had Pursuit, Thief, and Beat Up...the first being inferior in-game, the second being near-useless competitively, and the last being useless for both on top of being obscure. But you're right about Steel, those were the only three Steel-type attacks in the game in Gen II.