This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameFAQs Team - Pokemon 4 Suggestions

#1SorceressTharjaPosted 9/3/2013 4:37:35 PM
The theme of the team is Bulky Offense
Okay guys, the votes have been counted for Pokemon 3. Our latest pick is Choice Banded Tyranitar!
Our Current Team
Garchomp @ Yache Berry / Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang / Aqua Tail

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Trait: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 Spd / 252 Atk / 156 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Please post suggestions in the format you see the sets listed above.

Some notes about the team so far:
What we have here is a powerful physical offense core, with Scizor and Tyranitar forming a deadly duo of choice band users. After they punch holes in just about everything, Garchomp is able to come in and set up and sweep.

Whilst we're certainly fulfulling the goals of bulky offense, we have no answer to fastmons (outside of Scizor's Bullet Punch) nor to water types in general - though rain is at least somewhat checked by Tyranitar, which doesn't enjoy switching into Politoed's scald too often. In theory though, due to pursuit it should only have to do it once. Even if Politoed doesn't switch, pursuit will do good damage.

---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67143334 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#2Puma_ItaliaPosted 9/3/2013 4:45:45 PM
Needs hazard support.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes / Leech Seed
~ Power Whip
~ Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave
---
Pokemon White 2- 0347-7093-6129
#3SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 4:46:53 PM
From the previous thread comes Reuniclus!
Reuniclus@Life Orb
Magic Guard
Quiet
192 hp, 64 def, 252 spatk
0 spd IVs
Trick Room
Recover
Psychic
Focus Blast

76% of max
27% of total
Benchmark: 25% total

To prevent what happened last time with people getting annoyed with me for not bringing TTar over (who got picked anyway) I'm now using a clear-cut formula to determine who gets brought. A pokemon must get 1/#nominees of the total votes or come within 80% of the Pokemon who is chosen.

For those curious, the scores were:

Tyranitar: 17 (100%/35%)
Reuniclus: 13 (76%/27%)
Espeon: 9 (53%/19%)
Scrafty: 9 (53%/19%)
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67143334 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#4Tryin2GetDaPipePosted 9/3/2013 5:00:11 PM
I would pick latias as out 4th member as she gives us some pretty important resists in water, fighting and ground as we do not have a pokemon that can resist these types. she also fulfills the bulky attacker thing as well and in a pinch can check rain teams as well.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 184 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock / Surf
- Roost

i went with the three attack version instead of the cm version since this is more about garchomp sweeping than latias. also the latias set can be customized, and should be depending on what the last two teammates should be

also can i suggest to make scizor a tad more faster? to outspeed alot of opposing tyrans and jelli?
---
You Trying to Get The Pipe? ~ Earl Joseph Smith III
http://theknickswall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/JRSmith-copy-copy.png
#5uuurrrgghPosted 9/3/2013 5:10:20 PM
Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 228 SpAtk / 28 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpDef)
-Meteor Mash
-Hidden Power Fire
-Grass Knot
-Zen Headbutt
Reasoning- Metagross has a great physical side, but taking advantage of its decent spatk can catch people off guard, and tear open holes. It can withstand sandstorm, so no need of leftovers to counteract that. The only con I can think of is crippling his already low SpDef.

Gallade @ Leftovers
Trait: Steadfast/Justified
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpDef / 56 Spd
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
-Drain Punch
-Night Slash/Ice Punch
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
Reasoning- Gallade has a staggeringly high 115 SpDef (very are for a fighting type), letting him take most non-SE hits with ease. Bulk Up also lets you patch up his Def, while getting ready for a sweep. Drain Punch is self-explanatory. While Night Slash can neutralize major fighting-type counters like Gengar and Alakazam (maybe even Reuniclus), Ice Punch can obliterate any common Dragon types, like Dragonite and Garchomp. Substitute lets Gallade protect himself against any bulky status mons. Steadfast is a good answer to things like Jirachi, but Justified can give Gallade an extra boost to power.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Bulk Up
Reasoning- While Conkeldurr might be lacking in SpDef, he easily makes up for this with mammoth physical stats, and a nice amount of HP to top it off. Guts allows you to take burn that nobody else on your current team wants to take, and can go to town with the boost in Atk. Bulk up is there to nt only make his Atk even higher, but to make sure any priority revengers can't take Conkeldurr out. Drain Punch lets you regen health lost from either attacks or status damage, Mach Punch lets you take out anything before it can move, and Ice Punch annihilates any foolish dragons.
---
Apparently, I'm nobody.
B2 FC: 3010 5891 4441
#6GolurkcanflyPosted 9/3/2013 5:21:07 PM
Magnezone @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack/108 HP/ 148 Sp. Defense

- Flash Cannon
- Charge Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Rest
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#7cardoor123 gfPosted 9/3/2013 6:09:58 PM
Roserade with Black Sludge (doesn't matter as you guys already ruined the team with having 2 Choice Band users)

moves are Spikes, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Fire and Rest. Roserade is pretty unoriginal and can surprise a couple of steels with its powerful Hidden Power Fires. Plus it's cute. :p
#8Luce_ImperiusPosted 9/3/2013 6:53:32 PM
Since I was late last time, I nominate:

Celebi@Leftovers
Natural Cure
4 HP/ 252 Satk/ 252 Spd
Timid
-Nasty Plot
-Giga Drain
-HP Fire
-Recover

Celebi can take the burns the physical sweepers fear and erase them simply by switching out. IN the meantime, Celebi can set up and/or Recover. Celebi can also switch into Special water attacks and Thunders from the rain if needed, though it would prefer not to take boosted Hydro Pumps (especially Keldeo's) and predicted ice attacks must be watched for.
---
Yes my worldview is the Christian one. Yes I'm a gamer. I respect you as much as you respect these two things.
#9kaonohiokalaPosted 9/3/2013 7:54:35 PM(edited)
Not liking the team so far. Someone better come up with a decent SR user and fast. T-Tar or Chomp should've had it, but now we have to waste another slot.

I recommend switching to support tank Ttar:

Hodor (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
Ability: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Fire Blast
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#10Roc_RaidaPosted 9/3/2013 7:55:45 PM
I guess Celebi?Isn't specially defensive Celebi one of the better rain checks out there? Don't quote me on this as I have not played competitively since BW1

You could do something like

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Recover

God, what a horrible set.
---
I AM ROC RAIDA the pound for pound worst poster on the NBAB