This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameFAQs Team - Pokemon 4 Suggestions

#11kagster123Posted 9/3/2013 7:02:24 PM
I'd be a very happy boy running Infernape against this team. He already OHKO's two members and people are still suggesting metagross and celebi? We're not slabbing together a team of random 600's here.

Anyway I suggest Latias as well.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
#12kaonohiokalaPosted 9/3/2013 7:18:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 12:17:27 AM
cardoor123 gf posted...
Roserade with Black Sludge (doesn't matter as you guys already ruined the team with having 2 Choice Band users)

moves are Spikes, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Fire and Rest. Roserade is pretty unoriginal and can surprise a couple of steels with its powerful Hidden Power Fires. Plus it's cute. :p

I agree on the point of two choice band users. :/ We need a SR user, water resists, special attackers in general and preferably a scarfer.

For my own sanity:

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/240SpD/16 Spe
Nature: Calm
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Fire
-Rest
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67143334 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#14SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 12:49:19 AM
Just my general thoughts on the suggestions so far:
1) We have enough physical attackers. Conkeldurr, Metagross, and Gallade all feel like bad picks because they leave us even more physical-wall weak. Ferrothorn gets a pass here because it's largely support.

2) Celebi and Latias feel like a good picks. They have good special defense, provide excellent resistances to types we're currently weak to. Of course, Infernape wrecks both with U-Turn (and also Flare Blitz/Fire Blast in the case of Celebi).

3) Roserade is largely in the same boat as Celebi and Latias, but also provides us with hazard support. I would have preferred getting Sleep Powder on it (and then subbing spikes for toxic spikes), but that's a tweak we can make later.

4) Magnezone would feel like a solid pick were we not so short on team slots. As I mentioned in the previous post, we lack water resists. Scizor could probably take over the role of revenge killer at a push. Had it been chosen when it was suggested earlier instead of, uh, Scizor(?) then I would have welcomed it to the team.

5) Ferrothorn has relatively good typing synergy with the team, except again for Infernape. How the hell did we end up so weak to Infernape at this point? Only Garchomp can deal with it (by tanking a CC then retaliating with EQ. If Chomper is damaged, we lose.)

I did say previously I wasn't going to make suggestions. I'm going to break that rule.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 228 SpD
Trait: Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Sludge Bomb
-Stun Spore / Clear Smog

Reasoning:
Amoonguss is a god-send against rain teams. It's grass type and immense bulk allows it to absorb water type attacks, and retaliate with either Spore - to incapacitate one of our opponents immediately - or Stun Spore to cripple them for the rest of the match. Both status moves see use due to Sleep Clause, although Stun Spore can be swapped out for Clear Smog to prevent Amoongus from being set up on (unless you're an offensive steel type. Read: Lucario or Scizor). Generally Stun Spore is preferred, particularly since it can paralyze ground types such as Garchomp.

The 28 SpA EVs allow it to be a competent check to Keldeo - even if it runs HP Ice. (252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Amoonguss: 194-230 (44.9 - 53.24%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO - 3HKO after any Giga Drain healing). Amoonguss can also take many of Infernape's fire type attacks, with the exception of Flare Blitz. A physically defensive Amoonguss could do that, but it would lose the ability to check rain even close to as well (Specs Keldeo 2HKOs always!).

Oh, and Amoonguss can also check some elements of trick room. *shrug* It's something! It still leaves us without stealth rock support and sun (read: infernape) weakness that's only patched by keeping sand on the field and sun off of it.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67143334 - Interested in helping design an OU Pokemon Team as the GameFAQs community? Follow that link...
#15kagster123Posted 9/4/2013 1:03:57 AM
Infernape is hard to counter in general just because of its movepool, and since this is bulky offense, speed. If it cant hit anything super effectively it wont kill it. Problem here is we have two Pokemon weak to it's STAB and people suggesting Pokemon that are also weak to it's stab. Garchomp can only revenge kill, (lacking hp ice) not switch in on it, and since Garchomp appears to be the main focus of this team we really dont want him losing over half his health to check him.

U-turn hurts Latias, yes, but he's our best bet because he also provides some speed, and is just overall a great Pokemon. Tentacruel may be a nice addition as well, checking water types and laying down toxic spikes while proving spin and burn support.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
#16RTC3Posted 9/4/2013 3:04:48 AM(edited)
lol. literally worrying about infernape. who is frail af and is easily checked via a scarfed revenge killer or a base 110+ speed mon, both of which could easily be put on the team in the future. ntm scizor's bullet punch takes it out in 2-3 hits depending on sandstorm/LO

kaono's right, we need a SR user asap. i'd rather not change ttar though. imo:

ferro @ lefties
EV spread oriented in spdef
(+sp def, -speed)
-SR
-power whip
-gyro ball
-twave

explanation: Having a SR user is a given. Unlike celebi, ferro aside from being a rain check can also deal with dragons such as lati@s better, unless they have hp fire. since i only need SR, i went with two attacks over double hazards. also twave > leech seed because para support is infinitely better than temporary recovery/pitiful damage. a lot of people don't see it that way though. also if you show off power whip opponents tend to not send in their ground types, letting you twave stuff.
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Ryan "Dirk 2.0" Kelly. we. already. won.
#17RTC3Posted 9/4/2013 3:09:06 AM
looking at scizor ttar chomp and ferro, lati@s would be a good choice for the next mon

then scarf keldeo. DONE

team would have only one resist for figthing and ground though. good thing lati@s can check fighting types and lando-i is banned
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Ryan "Dirk 2.0" Kelly. we. already. won.
#18SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:09:19 AM
Just gathering up the suggestions atm. Next thread will be posted momentarily. This thread is now closed, but I'll be sure to post a link here to the next thread when it's up.
---
#19SorceressTharja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:20:21 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67161016
---