This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how likely is it that gamefreak will remove/make iv's changeable?

#11kaiser ryuPosted 9/3/2013 6:30:40 PM
Percentage is so imprecise anyway. I prefer to weigh things by round of applause.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#12yzmanPosted 9/3/2013 6:45:36 PM
They need to change something slightly, since Hidden Power will now need to take into account fairy type.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#13QueskerPosted 9/3/2013 7:16:59 PM
It's more likely that Game Freak will allow for easier manipulation of IVs. As for removing them, I have a feeling that doing so would have dire consequences. Heck, even changing how they work without removing them is treading on glass that could shatter at any moment. And I'm not just talking about stats. Aspects like Hidden Power would be altered, and who knows what will happen if they were messed with, let alone what other aspects will replace them should they be removed.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#14Tigo73Posted 9/3/2013 7:17:56 PM
Quesker posted...
It's more likely that Game Freak will allow for easier manipulation of IVs. As for removing them, I have a feeling that doing so would have dire consequences. Heck, even changing how they work without removing them is treading on glass that could shatter at any moment. And I'm not just talking about stats. Aspects like Hidden Power would be altered, and who knows what will happen if they were messed with, let alone what other aspects will replace them should they be removed.

How so?
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#15joker120Posted 9/3/2013 7:19:40 PM
Quesker posted...

For hidden power, I just say let us choose the type and be done with it. Change the name to inner power. Have the description say that the pokemon unleashes an inner strength it never knew it had or something.
---
soul silver FC:1505 7978 9391; pearl FC:3911 0786 2278
#1612fingerJIMPosted 9/3/2013 7:21:11 PM
What were the chances of them adding a new type?
---
Police don't have any suspects at this time, but they're pretty sure that it was you.
#17QueskerPosted 9/3/2013 7:22:49 PM(edited)
Tigo73 posted...
Quesker posted...

How so?

IVs were changed between gens 2 and 3. Guess what happened as a result. To be fair, that wasn't the only reason, or even the main reason according to some people, but it was still a pretty notable factor.

Also, IVs is one of those fragile bits of codes and formulas where if you're not extremely careful, if you tinker it in the least bit of wrong way, it could make the whole experience go haywire.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#18Tigo73Posted 9/3/2013 7:23:43 PM
Quesker posted...

IVs were changed between gens 2 and 3. Guess what happened as a result? To be fair, that wasn't the only reason, or even the main reason for some people, but it was still a pretty notable factor.

Also, IVs is one of those fragile bits of codes and formulas where if you're not extremely careful, if you tinker it in the least bit of wrong way, it could make the whole experience go haywire.

So, youīre saying it could end up making almost as glitchy as Gen I? I see your point, itīs definitely a big concern. I trust that they would test it before implementation, but you are correct, itīs a very potentially screwy factor.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.