This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Critical hits should be changed.

#1BalloonBattle05Posted 9/3/2013 7:59:47 PM
Not removed. Unless you have an item, ability or move that can score a critical hit, you will never score one.

Bam, problem solved.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#2Hughs_RagePosted 9/3/2013 8:01:56 PM
Critical hits are going to become even more common now that the Pokemon Amie can apparently raise the rate of them occuring
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#3feeltheninjutsuPosted 9/3/2013 8:09:02 PM
I'm ok with crits outside 3v3. Crits in 3v3 are devastating and usually impossible to overcome. Still don't understand what's so wrong with 6v6 randoms.
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco
#4jiggardPosted 9/3/2013 8:14:12 PM
feeltheninjitsu posted...
I'm ok with crits outside 3v3. Crits in 3v3 are devastating and usually impossible to overcome. Still don't understand what's so wrong with 6v6 randoms.

its mainly just the time battle takes might be too long and people RQing when the game is almost finished. but i think they should still add it in. prolly over half of all games in random 6v6 won't be finished to the end
---
"Ma5terbating is good for health" - Doctor
"I'm homy" - Doctor
#5GolurkcanflyPosted 9/3/2013 8:16:03 PM
Getting Critical Hits is a viable anti-status strategy. Super Luck Absol with Razor Claw uses Night Slash.
---
Official Mega Aggron of the Pokemon X Board
"Face the power of Steel!" - Neal, Future Gym Leader of Chroma City.
#6BalloonBattle05(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 8:30:23 PM
Golurkcanfly posted...
Getting Critical Hits is a viable anti-status strategy. Super Luck Absol with Razor Claw uses Night Slash.

This form of crits are what I can handle. I just hate random crits. Think of tripping in Brawl.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#7PheonixFFire7Posted 9/3/2013 8:33:52 PM
Critical Hits should just be special effects of certain moves. All the "high crit ratio" moves should just have their BP cut down to 40-50 and given the auto-crit effect from moves like Storm Throw.

-Focus Energy should just be a buff effect similar to Mind Reader - it gives your next attack a 100% chance to crit. Or alternatively, a buff that gives all moves a 50% chance to crit, but lasts for 5 turns.

-Super Luck should give all of your moves a 20% crit chance. Dire Hit and Lansat berry share this effect (and stack).

-Scope Lens and Razor Claw increases the base power of critical hits by 50%.

-The Stick item gives Farfetch'd a 100% crit chance for all its moves (come on, he needs it....and he'd still suck)

-Lucky Punch gives Chansey a 100% crit chance for all her moves (base 35 Sp.Atk....still won't do much)
#8Sloth9230Posted 9/3/2013 8:36:19 PM
HTFU! :p
#9NeonDragon9000Posted 9/3/2013 8:39:59 PM
Every move can score a critical hit, though.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#10KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/3/2013 8:43:50 PM
I think if they changed crits like that I would actually quit playing.

Critical hits are supposed to be random. To limit them to items or abilities completely takes the point out of having them.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"