This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MegaBlaziken released on launch

#1VivisqeqPosted 9/3/2013 9:42:41 PM
Anyone dead set against them releasing this immediately? It makes having any other Pokemon throughout the game redundant as you'll easily be able to tear down the game with MegaBlaziken, surely.
---
STFC
Not changing this line of my sig until Sin Cara wins a World Title or leaves the WWE/gets fired/retires - Started 21/8/2011
#2PlasmWraithPosted 9/3/2013 9:44:35 PM
o_0
You still have to level it up to 36
---
( [] )
#3PrettyTonyTigerPosted 9/3/2013 9:45:53 PM
My friend is gonna be so happy ;}
---
Females are the greatest beings in the universe!!!
Users who agree: 15!!!
#4NeonDragon9000Posted 9/3/2013 9:50:06 PM
ITT = Torchic is Blaziken
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#5PheonixFFire7Posted 9/3/2013 9:51:48 PM
The only reason im against it is because it's A) A fire type, and B) A starter. This makes Fennekin seem like a somewhat redundant choice if you're getting the game during the launch window, since Mega Blaziken is almost guaranteed to be the superior Fire-type. Not to mention the national bird also becomes part Fire-type, which also seems less appealing with Torchic available.

If anything I would've made Riolu the event giveaway. Lucario is much more iconic, has a unique typing that won't ovelap with too much, and only needs to evolve once which means you can probably see Mega Lucario fairly soon, rather than Blaziken which you'll have to train for a significant portion of the game before you can even get to the point of using its Mega. Also, Lucario is just way more badass.
#6solaurus12Posted 9/3/2013 9:55:30 PM
PheonixFFire7 posted...
The only reason im against it is because it's A) A fire type, and B) A starter. This makes Fennekin seem like a somewhat redundant choice if you're getting the game during the launch window, since Mega Blaziken is almost guaranteed to be the superior Fire-type. Not to mention the national bird also becomes part Fire-type, which also seems less appealing with Torchic available.

If anything I would've made Riolu the event giveaway. Lucario is much more iconic, has a unique typing that won't ovelap with too much, and only needs to evolve once which means you can probably see Mega Lucario fairly soon, rather than Blaziken which you'll have to train for a significant portion of the game before you can even get to the point of using its Mega. Also, Lucario is just way more badass.

Lucario...more badass than Blaziken? Are you on that super cocaine from that Sam. L. Jackson movie?
---
PSN-Solaurus Steam-Solaurus
Making everyone on the WiiU board look stupid since 1888.
#7Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/3/2013 9:57:52 PM
Meh..I wish they'd hurry up and release Draceon already.

But on a serious note..yeah, I might consider using it on my team. That's if we can get it right off the bat, meaning the first city/town with a Poke Center.
---
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
Chespin for Grass/Rock!
#8Vivisqeq(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 11:57:11 PM
PlasmWraith posted...
o_0
You still have to level it up to 36

NeonDragon9000 posted...
ITT = Torchic is Blaziken

Out of memory of playing Pokemon Blue and tearing everything down a Charizard of all things, it won't be long until Torchic is a Blaziken, start game is a cinch, then you get Combusken with its dual type, easy.
---
STFC
Not changing this line of my sig until Sin Cara wins a World Title or leaves the WWE/gets fired/retires - Started 21/8/2011
#9Stefan1277Posted 9/3/2013 11:59:04 PM
No complaints here. Torchic is my favorite ever, so there you go. Also, I'm sure fennekin will have a special something something to make up for this... unless they go full stupid and make it fire/fighting.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#10Gleason037Posted 9/4/2013 12:01:03 AM
If you're going to EV train it at all, wouldn't it better to wait until post-game to use it?

I'm going Fennekin, anyways. It would be awesome to get a Squirtle again too, but I'm sure there will be some water type that I'll like around.
---
PSN: Gleason037
3DS FC: Eh, tell me why you want it and sure.