This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unique rules

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Unique rules

User Info: Verdika

3 years ago#1
Have you ever played against anyone using your own pre-determined set of rules? Something just to keep the game fresh?

Some of the rules that I've used to play with friends...

One type only: Where each player chooses a type, without telling the other which one it is, and every one of their Pokemon has to be at least partially that type. Once you use a type you can't use it again for 3 games.

First defense: Each player may use one and only one legendary or über, and must lead with that Pokemon.

Last resort: Each player may use one legendary, but cannot use it until all 5 of their other Pokemon have been fainted.

Generation Wars: Have to use a team made only of Pokemon from the same Gen (sometimes we fudge and let, say Scizor, be used for Gen 1 or 2 teams)

How 'bout you guys? Any unique rules that makes the game more fun?
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.

User Info: LightningAce11

3 years ago#2
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma

User Info: JoJoX200

3 years ago#3
With friends I tried the following a few times:

- Choose 6 completely untrained pokemon from you collection. They must all be in a range of at least 5 levels set before choosing the pokemon(So if you choose Lv10, pokemon from Lv9-12 are allowed)

Of course that only works if both players have accumulated a large variety of wild pokemon and it's as far away from CP as it can be, but battling with completely fresh pokemon is really fun.

User Info: Xereint

3 years ago#4
Clear the game with only Wobbuffet.

User Info: Twilight_Sonata

3 years ago#5
All Pokemon on both teams must know Metronome and only Metronome.

User Info: jEr3mY

3 years ago#6
Twilight_Sonata posted...
All Pokemon on both teams must know Metronome and only Metronome.

I've done this with my brother.. I hacked a Clefable, neutral nature, no EV's and knew Metronome 4 times.... made 12 of them.. Gave my brother 6.. and had the most random battles ever... it was heaps fun and no one had an advantage over the other....
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Unique rules

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived