This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Unique rules

#1VerdikaPosted 9/4/2013 1:59:35 AM
Have you ever played against anyone using your own pre-determined set of rules? Something just to keep the game fresh?

Some of the rules that I've used to play with friends...

One type only: Where each player chooses a type, without telling the other which one it is, and every one of their Pokemon has to be at least partially that type. Once you use a type you can't use it again for 3 games.

First defense: Each player may use one and only one legendary or über, and must lead with that Pokemon.

Last resort: Each player may use one legendary, but cannot use it until all 5 of their other Pokemon have been fainted.

Generation Wars: Have to use a team made only of Pokemon from the same Gen (sometimes we fudge and let, say Scizor, be used for Gen 1 or 2 teams)

How 'bout you guys? Any unique rules that makes the game more fun?
---
There's nothing that sucks worse that that moment in an argument when you realize that you are wrong.
#2LightningAce11Posted 9/4/2013 2:01:00 AM
Smogon.
---
"Servant woman, bring me a drying cloth at once!" - Vegeta to Bulma
#3JoJoX200Posted 9/4/2013 2:05:04 AM
With friends I tried the following a few times:

- Choose 6 completely untrained pokemon from you collection. They must all be in a range of at least 5 levels set before choosing the pokemon(So if you choose Lv10, pokemon from Lv9-12 are allowed)

Of course that only works if both players have accumulated a large variety of wild pokemon and it's as far away from CP as it can be, but battling with completely fresh pokemon is really fun.
#4XereintPosted 9/4/2013 2:05:08 AM
Clear the game with only Wobbuffet.
#5Twilight_SonataPosted 9/4/2013 2:23:09 AM
All Pokemon on both teams must know Metronome and only Metronome.
#6jEr3mYPosted 9/4/2013 3:51:35 AM
Twilight_Sonata posted...
All Pokemon on both teams must know Metronome and only Metronome.

I've done this with my brother.. I hacked a Clefable, neutral nature, no EV's and knew Metronome 4 times.... made 12 of them.. Gave my brother 6.. and had the most random battles ever... it was heaps fun and no one had an advantage over the other....
---
Non-Specific Action Figure has to be in the next Super Smash Bros game. If you agree, send me a message. Number of people who agree: 19 - updated 27 August 2013