This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What got you into Pokemon?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What got you into Pokemon?
3 years ago#1
Oddly enough, the one thing that got me into Pokemon was a Golbat Fossil Set card I got from school. I just started collecting more cards, watching the anime, and of course, playing the games.

It's all thanks to Golbat that I'm a big fan of the series now, so it's actually one of my favorite Pokemon.

How about you guys?
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
3 years ago#2
My mom buying red back in 99.
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
3 years ago#3
My mother buying me and my brother both a Gameboy and me Pokemon Blue and him Pokemon Red.
Yep ;)
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
Chespin for Grass/Rock!
3 years ago#4
I don't remember.. I wish i did though. Pokemon has always been a part of my life since i was born a 90's kid, so it was pretty much because of the anime and popularity, as well as having an older sibling who was also a 90's kid. If you were a 80's or 90's kid and DIDN'T know about Pokemon, you were in the minority.
3 years ago#5
I'm gonna be completely honest. I got into it because it was the thing at the time... everyone I knew was playing the games, watching the anime, and/or collecting the cards... and I didn't want to feel left out.
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
3 years ago#6
The anime introduced the series to me, then a friend of mine got a Game Boy Color with Yellow and I fell in love with the games... I had to play using emulators till R/S tho, my parents never cared to buy me games.

Then my brother got a job and started buying me the games since R/S, stoped with B/W, from there I started saving for them (bout the same time I started college).

Torchic was my first "real" pokemon (from a retail card itself), still remember the day I went to buy Pokemon Ruby... man, good times xD! Played using the original GBA for a while, but then I got Game Boy Player for the Cube. Anyway, Blaziken became my favorite pkmn ever since.
3 years ago#7
I always watched the anime back when I was in Elementary School, but didn't get interested in the games until I watched my uncle play his Pokemon Red.
3 years ago#8
The anime that used to air on CITV like 13 years ago.
3 years ago#9
I saw two episodes, both in a hospital, over the course of the week my grandmother died. That didn't necessarily get me "into" Pokemon straight away, but I did like the show well enough. Later in middle school everyone was doing the card thing and I decided to grab a few to give drawing in a cartoony style a shot. Guess that was it.
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
3 years ago#10
I watched the anime, and didn't like it. I ended up getting into Digimon.
Then, my parents got me a GameBoy Color and Silver for my 11th birthday. I was hooked on that game.

The rest, as they say, is history.
Official Chespin of Pokemon X board! :3
No, I am not going to run, I am not going to hide, I am going to take a stand and fight!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. What got you into Pokemon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived