This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What got you into Pokemon?

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 9/4/2013 1:20:45 AM
Oddly enough, the one thing that got me into Pokemon was a Golbat Fossil Set card I got from school. I just started collecting more cards, watching the anime, and of course, playing the games.

It's all thanks to Golbat that I'm a big fan of the series now, so it's actually one of my favorite Pokemon.

How about you guys?
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2kagster123Posted 9/4/2013 1:23:25 AM
My mom buying red back in 99.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
#3Rayquaza_is_ZPosted 9/4/2013 1:23:48 AM
My mother buying me and my brother both a Gameboy and me Pokemon Blue and him Pokemon Red.
Yep ;)
---
Draceon for 2013! http://i.imgur.com/FBj4tzy.png
Chespin for Grass/Rock!
#4SH076UNNERPosted 9/4/2013 1:24:10 AM
I don't remember.. I wish i did though. Pokemon has always been a part of my life since i was born a 90's kid, so it was pretty much because of the anime and popularity, as well as having an older sibling who was also a 90's kid. If you were a 80's or 90's kid and DIDN'T know about Pokemon, you were in the minority.
#5Arne83Posted 9/4/2013 1:29:01 AM
I'm gonna be completely honest. I got into it because it was the thing at the time... everyone I knew was playing the games, watching the anime, and/or collecting the cards... and I didn't want to feel left out.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
Snowflame is greatest comic villain ever made. Shame on DC for letting him fade into obscurity.
#6KapuxaPosted 9/4/2013 1:29:30 AM
The anime introduced the series to me, then a friend of mine got a Game Boy Color with Yellow and I fell in love with the games... I had to play using emulators till R/S tho, my parents never cared to buy me games.

Then my brother got a job and started buying me the games since R/S, stoped with B/W, from there I started saving for them (bout the same time I started college).

Torchic was my first "real" pokemon (from a retail card itself), still remember the day I went to buy Pokemon Ruby... man, good times xD! Played using the original GBA for a while, but then I got Game Boy Player for the Cube. Anyway, Blaziken became my favorite pkmn ever since.
#7LoveSquirtlePosted 9/4/2013 1:29:44 AM
I always watched the anime back when I was in Elementary School, but didn't get interested in the games until I watched my uncle play his Pokemon Red.
#8DarkRoad06Posted 9/4/2013 1:36:56 AM
The anime that used to air on CITV like 13 years ago.
#9kaiser ryuPosted 9/4/2013 1:40:42 AM
I saw two episodes, both in a hospital, over the course of the week my grandmother died. That didn't necessarily get me "into" Pokemon straight away, but I did like the show well enough. Later in middle school everyone was doing the card thing and I decided to grab a few to give drawing in a cartoony style a shot. Guess that was it.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#10tehkapiPosted 9/4/2013 1:48:12 AM
I watched the anime, and didn't like it. I ended up getting into Digimon.
Then, my parents got me a GameBoy Color and Silver for my 11th birthday. I was hooked on that game.

The rest, as they say, is history.
---
Official Chespin of Pokemon X board! :3
No, I am not going to run, I am not going to hide, I am going to take a stand and fight!