This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Annual Fee for Pokemon Bank...?

#21DrakoVongola1Posted 9/4/2013 4:23:04 AM
It probably won't be that much at least. It should still be free though :/

Hejiru posted...
TherianReturns posted...
It will probably only be 3 dollars or so. Calm down.

Masuda: "Yes, it only costs 3 bucks..... per Pokemon. *evil laugh*

This is Gamefreak, not Capcom or EA >_>
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#22SocranPosted 9/4/2013 4:23:25 AM
R-A-V posted...
BY annual fee, do they mean you have to pay monthly?

In case that's not a joke, "annual" means "yearly".
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#23SkittyOnWailordPosted 9/4/2013 4:24:26 AM
Hmm. I wonder how long (if at all?) they'll hold someone's Pokemon for if the person stops paying the yearly fee.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#24arvilinoPosted 9/4/2013 4:26:10 AM(edited)
DrakoVongola1 posted...
It probably won't be that much at least. It should still be free though :/

I don't know, it sounds like it's a service they're going to use for the long haul, like it's going to be used for gen 7, 8, 9 etc.

Though I'd pay for one that lets you highlight a box and send dozens of Pokémon at a time.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#25sammyslammerPosted 9/4/2013 4:26:26 AM
Even if it was $100 per year, most of you guys would still get it in order to transfer...
---
TL;DR The post above is too short.
#26KapuxaPosted 9/4/2013 4:28:31 AM
I would never believe Pokemon would reach this point till today...this is some serious buzz kill. What the hell? User friendly and stuff...bull****. And they even make transfering exclusive to that...disapointing...
#27DrakoVongola1Posted 9/4/2013 4:28:48 AM
sammyslammer posted...
Even if it was $100 per year, most of you guys would still get it in order to transfer...

I wouldn't.

1) That's way too much money

2) I have nothing to transfer, X/Y will be my first main game since playing my friend's copy of Ruby for like an hour on a 4th grade field trip >_>
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#28Tzuba12Posted 9/4/2013 4:31:06 AM
Kapuxa posted...
I would never believe Pokemon would reach this point till today...this is some serious buzz kill. What the hell? User friendly and stuff...bull****. And they even make transfering exclusive to that...disapointing...

5 bucks a year... If you can't afford that, then you have other things to worry about.

Seriously, this bank is going to be used for years to come and for future games, that's a GREAT deal. Just 5 bucks a year to cover server cost and maintenance.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#29faruwayPosted 9/4/2013 4:33:08 AM(edited)
You gotta be kidding...you mean we have to PAY to transfer a pokemon (like ex. your fav lvl 100 Pokemon that you've been using in your party and you went through all the effort in raising it) from Gen 5 to Gen 6!?

I don't know if game stores in my country actually sells any 3DS credit point cards because that could be a problem for Asian gamers, unless their game stores always sells 3DS credit point cards.
---
Official Insert character here of Kingdom Hearts 3 Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#30JoJoX200Posted 9/4/2013 4:33:43 AM
I can sort of see why people were expecting it to be free after Dream World was. I'm fine with it, however. An annual fee doesn't sound much at all and I can even see that as a sort of slow introduction into money management for kids - I never had that and my parents never thought of it, but I could've used it .

However, what I really expect of them now, regarding that:

- Still enough space on the pokemon games themselves - I don't want to see PokeBank as an excuse for reducing box space and making us pay.

- Only charge the fee if there is actual space used. If I don't have any pokemon stored in the cloud by the end of a year and only needed it to transfer, that seems a bit much.

- Really keep that system going. I don't want to see them making us pay, then scrap the whole thing with Gen 7 approaching. That's my main gripe with out-of-game features.