This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait, is the annual fee JUST for cloud storage?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 9/4/2013 4:10:07 AM
Is Box transfer a free part of it, and you just have to pay for cloud storage?
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#2NewbieN00bPosted 9/4/2013 4:10:29 AM
Uhh, yeah. What did you think? lol
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#3mehmetskiPosted 9/4/2013 4:10:59 AM
the transfer from old games also works via cloud.
---
Xerneas, the gay-pride Pokemon
3DS FC: 4511-0558-9256
#4kaonohiokalaPosted 9/4/2013 4:11:08 AM
if it's a pokecloud storage, what does that make it?

altaria?
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#5FuneralCakePosted 9/4/2013 4:11:46 AM
If by "box transfer" you mean the service to transfer Pokemon from gen 5, then yes, that is free. It requires Pokemon Bank to work, though, and you do have to pay for that after the limited trial period is over.

Yes, go ahead, whine about it. Be like everyone else and WHINE ABOUT IT.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#6beebarbPosted 9/4/2013 4:12:22 AM
Technically, I suppose the answer could be yes.

They are providing a free trial period, whether 5th gen transfers will remain free after that period is unknown right now.
---
I gave up and did the 3DS transfer anyway...
3DS XL FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 0047-4149-5185 / White FC: 0348-0626-6780
#7SirPiercePosted 9/4/2013 4:15:02 AM
On our side of the spectrum...the fee pays for the cloud and the ability to transfer our old pokemon to our new games.

On the other side...the tiny fee pays for Nintendo's servers, their maintenance and upkeep, power and more.

People seriously need to stop whining. Are your mommys and daddys buying the game for you too?
---
Xerneas, The DNAntler Pokemon
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#8thescorpionPosted 9/4/2013 4:27:25 AM(edited)
I wonder how much the yearly paid service will cost and worryingly if we don't pay for the year due to not enough funds on our 3DS while we have Pokemon in the Pokemon Bank will they delete our Pokemon from the server or will the Pokemon stay there in the Pokemon Bank without us being to access our Pokemon even after years after not paying for the service?
#9AncientArtiPosted 9/4/2013 4:20:58 AM(edited)
thescorpion posted...
I wonder how much the monthly paid service will cost and worryingly if we don't pay for the month due to not enough funds on our 3DS while we have Pokemon in the Pokemon Bank will they delete our Pokemon from the server or will the Pokemon stay there in the Pokemon Bank without us being to access our Pokemon even after years after not paying for the service?

It's not monthly, it's ANNUAL
---
AC New Leaf: Aerival from Novalis - 2664-2187-5540
"If Haruhi is a God, it's a VERY good reason to become an atheist."
#10FuneralCakePosted 9/4/2013 4:21:46 AM
thescorpion posted...
I wonder how much the monthly paid service will cost and worryingly if we don't pay for the month due to not enough funds on our 3DS while we have Pokemon in the Pokemon Bank will they delete our Pokemon from the server or will the Pokemon stay there in the Pokemon Bank without us being to access our Pokemon even after years after not paying for the service?

It's doubtful that they'd erase Pokemon or accounts due to inactivity. Probably what will happen is that you'll be locked out until you pay again.

And, as mentioned, it's yearly instead of monthly.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable