This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT A good thing about Pokebank

#1JoJoX200Posted 9/4/2013 5:57:51 AM
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Pokebank hater, infact, I love the idea. And we even got Box transfering with it. But for those of you who still hate it, consider this:

Pokebank boxes are your personal space, tied to the app you download and not your save file. That's actually confirmed on the main site that states you can use it with multiple games.
That means you can now put away all your pokemon in the cloud, hopefully even with items, and then...

freely restart your game, without losing anything!

Isn't that great? You can use it to get all starters, to get more one-off items, to leisurely restart for Nuzlockes or monotype runs or just to replay the story.

It's not just a storage device, it prevents the games from becoming mere storages. I love the thought of that.
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 9/4/2013 5:58:37 AM
The only people who hate it are moochers who think everything in life should be free.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3FuneralCakePosted 9/4/2013 5:58:48 AM
Nothing is good about it.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#4kagster123Posted 9/4/2013 5:59:18 AM
Still doesn't answer why transferring has to be tied to it. That's the only problem people have with it.
---
W2 FC-4041 7958 0763
#5Tigo73Posted 9/4/2013 5:59:42 AM
Yes, this is the reason why I love it. Now I donīt have to wait two years for a new game to come out so I can restart...neither do I need a separate console to "trade with myself"
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#6NeonDragon9000Posted 9/4/2013 6:00:16 AM
kagster123 posted...
Still doesn't answer why transferring has to be tied to it. That's the only problem people have with it.

Apparently, direct transferring from DS -> 3DS doesn't work due to technical reasons. Or so has been stated in the past.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#7arvilinoPosted 9/4/2013 6:02:31 AM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
kagster123 posted...

Apparently, direct transferring from DS -> 3DS doesn't work due to technical reasons. Or so has been stated in the past.

Yeah I remember a couple months ago they were actually mentioning issues with it, to the point it was speculated there may have been no transfer system.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#8RySenkari(Moderator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:05:42 AM(edited)
Spending $5 a year to transfer between my X and Y games > Spending $130 on a 2DS to transfer between my X and Y games

I'll still need someone else on wi-fi for trade evos but there are people on here who do that as a free service, so I've got all my bases covered.
---
Kid: She wrote a bad word!
Jade: I write what I feel.
#9Gatorade22Posted 9/4/2013 6:05:54 AM
Are you saying everything about Pokebank is good?
---
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS IS THE BEST GAME EVAR. I AM PLAYING IT ONLINE RIGHT NOW WITH THE CREATORS OF THE GAME AND YOURE NOT. THIS IS ME LAUGHING AT YOU. HAHAHAHAHA!
#10KitarooPosted 9/4/2013 6:06:14 AM
A bad thing about Poke Bank is that if they don't demand certain requirements to use it, it will cut some difficulty in collecting ( where you will be able to get all starters with only one cartridge)...
---
Currently playing : ACNL / M&LDT