This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT A good thing about Pokebank

#11JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:11:00 AM
Gatorade22 posted...
Are you saying everything about Pokebank is good?

I don't spot the word 'everything' in my post. I'm merely a positive person that tries to get some positive thinking between all those hate threads.
#12GeminiDeusPosted 9/4/2013 6:20:41 AM
People seem to have forgotten that Pokemon Box: Ruby/Sapphire ever existed and it was $20 (or over $400 now lolebay) for 1500 Pokemon storage. It only worked on Ruby and Sapphire. And what all games does PokeTransfer, which is part of Pokebank, work for again? Black, White, Black2, White2, X and Y? I'd say $5 a year is greatly justified.
---
El Nido - Xaniara
#13fedartzPosted 9/4/2013 6:22:15 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Nothing is good about it.

---
We are at the brink of anarchy
#14PedroScarPosted 9/5/2013 2:22:08 AM
long run storage and space for more breeding, also a free trial for those that dont care about it or cant afford $5. personaly I think its a great feature, can send tons of pokemon there, hopefully we can still name boxes and change background, also theres the in-game boxes so really dont understand why others whine
---
Pokemon black:4556_2767_3590
#15SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 9/5/2013 2:32:12 AM
Kitaroo posted...
A bad thing about Poke Bank is that if they don't demand certain requirements to use it, it will cut some difficulty in collecting ( where you will be able to get all starters with only one cartridge)...

I don't consider that a bad thing.

More serious players can use the normal method, other players (unbound by the restrictions of poke'ethics) can use the method you're suggesting.

I used to do multiple trades in FireRed/Leafgreen so that my brother and I would have three starters each. Good fun, and a great way to subvert the old dilemna of 'you can have one, but the other two are off limits forever'.

It think it would be better if it were possible to obtain other starters at a much later point in the game; perhaps by completing a series of challenges or something. It's just a means to sell more copies, ultimately.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#16DigiDude77Posted 9/5/2013 2:55:52 AM
Until the Pokebank deletes a pokemon you have and bans you from the bank because it claims it's fake when it's not, which happens constantly nowadays with WiFi.

The Pokebank I don't care about, I wouldn't use it.

What I care about is that the free trial is limited to the first 30 days the bank is launched, rather than the first 30 days you access the bank with your account.

Transferring pokemon should be free. At least the initial transfer, which it only is when you do it within the first month the bank's released, which is BS.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~
#17arvilinoPosted 9/5/2013 3:00:04 AM
DigiDude77 posted...

Transferring pokemon should be free. At least the initial transfer, which it only is when you do it within the first month the bank's released, which is BS.

Technically all the "transfer" app does is transfer Gen V Pokémon into the Pokémon Bank, even if it was free you'd just be sending them to the Bank which you can't access.
---
"The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time."
#18WrenchNinjaPosted 9/5/2013 3:06:02 AM
RySenkari posted...
Spending $5 a year to transfer between my X and Y games > Spending $130 on a 2DS to transfer between my X and Y games

I'll still need someone else on wi-fi for trade evos but there are people on here who do that as a free service, so I've got all my bases covered.

Because that's really the only alternative? I swear some of you live in a bubble.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibb54oFODduJvk.gif http://i.minus.com/ibiCujxJzTJr5Z.gif
http://i.imgur.com/CkHC5.gif
#19DigiDude77Posted 9/5/2013 3:10:09 AM
arvilino posted...
DigiDude77 posted...

Technically all the "transfer" app does is transfer Gen V Pokémon into the Pokémon Bank, even if it was free you'd just be sending them to the Bank which you can't access.

Which is my problem. It should transfer it to a separate "account," which can then be sent to your X/Y game without paying. Then you can upload them to the main bank from X and Y.

But no, they'd rather force people to pay to continue using the pokemon they've been playing with for years. Some people more than 10 years.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver: ~*Friend Code: 1462-8550-1166 Name: Fyn*~
Pokemon White: ~*Friend Code: 0647 5616 2276 Name: Myzou*~