This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, you people wanted paid DLC, WELL THERE YOU GO.

#31FuneralCakePosted 9/4/2013 6:21:54 AM
Lexifox posted...
This isn't DLC. DLC is something that you download, typically a form of content. This is a service offered to players. DLC is when you pay to have a new character, weapon packs, maps, missions, etc.

You have to download the app, and the app is content for the game. So this is definitely DLC. Stop being crazy.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#32CakeOfLies(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 6:22:31 AM
Lexifox posted...
This isn't DLC. DLC is something that you download, typically a form of content. This is a service offered to players. DLC is when you pay to have a new character, weapon packs, maps, missions, etc.

DLC. Downloadable Content. Usually for a price.
This is content. It's downloadable. It's for a price. IT'S FREAKING DLC!
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#33Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 9/4/2013 6:22:42 AM
Zangan_Zack posted...
Obviously a fee is required for the upkeep of servers. This is an annual fee, if you can't afford $5 a year, there are bigger, more pertinent problems for you to deal with.

just because i can afford it doesnt mean i want to afford it
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#34Mystery_CooperPosted 9/4/2013 6:33:30 AM
Paying for cloud service and extra storage? Great, if you're into that. I won't use it, but I'm not complaining (about it, or the price).

Tying Gen V > VI transfer onto it as a "free" part of it (which is how I've seen it portrayed thus far)? Yeah, no. Oxymoron. Free part of paid =/= free.

Price isn't even a concern. Pokemon Dream Radar is cheaper and I still didn't get it (though for different reasons). I can easily afford it, but having to pay for a service that's been pretty critical (the transferring, not the cloud) to the series is complete BS. I wouldn't be complaining if the two things were separate apps and you could DL the transfer for free without paying for the cloud.

Can't wait to see what additional blunders Game Freak will do in terms of wireless communication between games. BW2 set the bar rather high with keys being only transferable via IR. Though I suppose this is cross-gen, so it's a bit more forgivable.

So, yeah, hopefully Pokecheck can manage to do Gen V > VI transfer in the future. >_>

And honestly, I can probably just transfer everything during that trial period... hopefully.
---
This one's focused! Stay dangerous!
THIS ARE SERIOUS CHAT. I ARE SERIOUS ADMIN. - CJayC
#35johnydrexelPosted 9/4/2013 7:13:13 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Arne83 posted...
Yeah... because $5 a year is so much.

I understand that it's cheap NOW, but you know Game Freak.
Take Legendaries for example. Game Freak made five in Gen 1, six in Gen 2, ten in Gen 3... And it just kept going. Adding more Event-Only Legendaries per Gen as they went.

This is going to be a success with the mindset of "it's $5 a year. Now big deal" instead of "I can't believe I'm paying for this" and now Game Freak is going to milk the system, raise the price, throw in some more DLC such as Pokemon and maybe cities or perhaps Battle Frontier will be DLC too.

Before you know it, you're paying $40 for the game card, then you're paying for the actual game in a bunch of "little" DLCs. Enough DLCs will add up really fast, you know.

Thank you. Perhaps the vast majority of this board has yet to hit puberty, but I grew up and learned quickly that paying for what was free was and is generally a sign of s*** hitting the fan.

And the 'It's OK!' mentality is essentially grabbing one's own ankles and happily thanking (insert moneygrubber) for suggesting the position, ignorant of what's to come. The majority of you are welcome for the portrait.
---
I just type crap that sounds legit.
#36pokemon2pokerPosted 9/4/2013 7:18:34 AM
jayman7 posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
FuneralCake posted...
Worst day of my life. Nintendo is ripping us off. I don't even have internet, so I can't use this system. I can't afford $5 a day for this service.

$5/ year, not day.

Given FuneralCake just claimed to not have internet on the internet, I don't think her post was meant to be taken seriously. >_>

I don't have internet off my phone :/
---
A+E
#37pokemon2pokerPosted 9/4/2013 7:25:09 AM
Does anyone know if you'll be able to retrieve your stored mons after your year is up, or will you need to pay the fee again to fetch those mons? Or am I looking too far into the future?
---
A+E
#38DLOArceusPosted 9/4/2013 7:27:57 AM
I stopped taking TC seriously when he said "been free since gen 2".
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707