This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about the $5/year fee for TRANSFERRING?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 9/4/2013 5:13:09 AM
This isn't about cloud storage. Just the fact that you have to pay $5/year for it - Results (204 votes)
It's fine. It looks like a good service
39.71% (81 votes)
It's fine, though I'd like offline options
24.51% (50 votes)
It irks me. It's been free in the past, why not just have offline storage options?
23.53% (48 votes)
I hate it. I don't have wireless internet/a credit card/can't afford $20 point cards/etc.
1.96% (4 votes)
I hate it. It's a slippery slope.
10.29% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think?
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#2the_cajun88Posted 9/4/2013 5:13:35 AM
i'm thoroughly irked
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#3Gatorade22Posted 9/4/2013 5:13:41 AM
Are you trolling?
---
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS IS THE BEST GAME EVAR. I AM PLAYING IT ONLINE RIGHT NOW WITH THE CREATORS OF THE GAME AND YOURE NOT. THIS IS ME LAUGHING AT YOU. HAHAHAHAHA!
#4SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:14:38 AM
Gatorade22 posted...
Are you trolling?

I feel this is a fairly unbiased poll.
If you take issue with it, please tell me what the problem is before accusing me of being a troll.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#5PrettyTonyTigerPosted 9/4/2013 5:14:46 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6NeonDragon9000Posted 9/4/2013 5:15:29 AM
If you have $5, I don't see why you'd have an issue with it.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#7FuneralCakePosted 9/4/2013 5:16:04 AM
It's a slippery slope, indeed. They're charging $5 now, sure, but what about when they realize they can up the price and people will still pay for it? How long will it be until we are charged $50 per year? $100?

And what happens when they realize that we will pay for the service no matter what? "Hey, guess what? You like having in-game storage space? HAH, NO. NO, YOU DON'T. We will now mandatorily charge you for box space."

I can't believe Nintendo is going this route. It's sick. Disgusting.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#8KitarooPosted 9/4/2013 5:16:42 AM
If people just want to transfer pokemon from previous generations they could just do it during the trial time they will give.
---
Currently playing : ACNL / M&LDT
#9xyzlacticPosted 9/4/2013 5:17:18 AM
FuneralCake posted...
It's a slippery slope, indeed. They're charging $5 now, sure, but what about when they realize they can up the price and people will still pay for it? How long will it be until we are charged $50 per year? $100?

And what happens when they realize that we will pay for the service no matter what? "Hey, guess what? You like having in-game storage space? HAH, NO. NO, YOU DON'T. We will now mandatorily charge you for box space."

I can't believe Nintendo is going this route. It's sick. Disgusting.

Please I hope your trolling. Honestly please tell me your trolling.
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#10feeltheninjutsuPosted 9/4/2013 5:17:37 AM
Last gen I did it via GTS hijack anyway. Probably will do that again.
---
"Not everything is a lesson. Sometimes you just fail." - Dwight Schrute
"I don't get high, life keeps me at a decent height." -Lupe Fiasco