This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about the $5/year fee for TRANSFERRING?

#31Missingno_MastrPosted 9/4/2013 8:11:09 AM
Frankly, I think this is a huge step up from previous transfer features. It seems to allow transfer of entire boxes all at once, it only requires one system as opposed to two, and it seems to also be confirming transfer for future generations as well. All that plus additional storage? Under those circumstances, I'll gladly pay $5 a year. Heh, I'm just glad I'll be able to keep all my old Pokémon in the new games.
---
http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/110trainer#0 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9247960/1/404-Error
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1407/jh6l.gif
#32acerola-orionPosted 9/4/2013 8:13:30 AM
GenericJoe posted...
acerola-orion posted...
GenericJoe posted...
$5 a year is fine if you actually are going to use the extra storage, but you really shouldn't have to pay simply to transfer from 5th gen.

Once that free month runs out, it's basically going to be a $5 transfer fee for people who don't need the extra space. Slippery slope towards more monetization, although most people on this board seem to be too hype to realize it.

But why shouldn't you? It's not like they have to give people an option to transfer Pokemon. I'm pretty sure that, during an earlier stage of development, they said they ran into trouble making Pokemon transferrable between DS and 3DS. If anything, people should be glad to have any method of transferring Pokemon at all.

It's a completely optional feature, and one most people will probably never need to use.

But why should you? Seriously, if you have no intention of using the extra storage, why should you be expected to pay $5 for something that could be done with a separate offline app? Why lock that feature behind a paywall?

Nobody said it could have been done with a seperate offline app. If it could have been done in such a way, why haven't they implemented it in Gen V? They have their reasons for making it an online service.

And the fact remains that it's a completely optional feature... that's not even built into the game itself. There's really no reason why they can't charge for outside feature. Not every copy of Pokemon Red came with a free link cable, after all.
#33WiiareVenomPosted 9/4/2013 8:21:05 AM
Disappointed at first, but then I realized it was five for a year I found that it is tolerable (I learned through Game Informer, who didn't mention a price.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#34KK_the_SliderPosted 9/4/2013 8:42:20 AM(edited)
Oh no a company is trying to make money. How awful of them to do what they are suppose to.
#35PentaoPosted 9/4/2013 8:55:52 AM
Chances are I will finish transfers within that first month if it's as nice as they claim.

I don't even know if I'll need the service after that lol.
---
"Religion keeps pressing B when we try to evolve." - pirategeorge"
[3DS FC: 1934-0673-9848 (Pentao)]