This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will this new app make it easy to start new games?

#1SalsaSavantPosted 9/4/2013 5:19:32 AM
You've always had to transfer before starting a new game or you'd lose all data.

Now? Just transfer to the cloud and start a new game.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#2FuneralCakePosted 9/4/2013 5:20:52 AM
Yep, it is nice.

Though, one of the other reasons I don't restart is because I also lose event-exclusive items and other things like that. Those cannot be saved, unfortunately.

But I'm still getting both games, so not like it matters.
---
YOU WANT SOME FUNERAL TO GO WITH THAT CAKE?
why aren't you laughing at me? everything i say is funny and adorable
#3YoyokuKOPosted 9/4/2013 5:20:53 AM
would kinda suck if you lost that data because of secret id mismatch
#4RotomGuy3Posted 9/4/2013 5:21:43 AM
Yup! Probably my favourite feature of this feature.
#5Tigo73Posted 9/4/2013 5:21:50 AM
Yeah, itīs tied to the console, so you donīt ahve two wait 2 years for the expansion pack to start a new game, nor do you need a separate console to trade with yourself.
---
The man who will steal your candles.
Official Omoikane of the SMT IV board.
#6patkelly929Posted 9/4/2013 5:23:03 AM
That seems to be the idea. It seems to be tied to your 3DS and 3DS profile, not the save file. Theoretically, you could create an army of Mega-Blazikens on launch day. Or have Fennekin, Froakie, Chespin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander as your starting team (assuming you get the Kanto starters handed to you early in the game).
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
Green & Blue Bird, this is Mr. Fabulous, we are a go for cheesin' it. - Bender
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 9/4/2013 5:25:58 AM
I admit that it's easy, but I'm ticked that I have to pay for it.

How long until we have to pay to battle online? Or perhaps trade online? Or battle and trade locally?
Or maybe every time we start a new game? Oh, why not. Let's make every kind of Pokeball (other than the normal one, of course) DLC. Oh, and free wifi event Pokemon? lolnope. $10 for a Mew please. Yeah. TEN BUCKS FOR AN HM SLAVE.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#8SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 5:31:45 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
I admit that it's easy, but I'm ticked that I have to pay for it.

How long until we have to pay to battle online? Or perhaps trade online? Or battle and trade locally?
Or maybe every time we start a new game? Oh, why not. Let's make every kind of Pokeball (other than the normal one, of course) DLC. Oh, and free wifi event Pokemon? lolnope. $10 for a Mew please. Yeah. TEN BUCKS FOR AN HM SLAVE.

I understand the slippery slope argument, but you're getting into slipper slope fallacy.

I take issue with the gen transfer, but the cloud storage feature is legit pretty nice. I might consider it still.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#9AncientArtiPosted 9/4/2013 5:32:59 AM
patkelly929 posted...
Theoretically, you could create an army of Mega-Blazikens on launch day.

Nope, Pokemon Bank will only be released on Dec 27
---
AC New Leaf: Aerival from Novalis - 2664-2187-5540
"If Haruhi is a God, it's a VERY good reason to become an atheist."
#10NeonDragon9000Posted 9/4/2013 5:33:01 AM
FuneralCake posted...
Yep, it is nice.

Though, one of the other reasons I don't restart is because I also lose event-exclusive items and other things like that. Those cannot be saved, unfortunately.

But I'm still getting both games, so not like it matters.

Wait, what is preventing you from simply uploading an event Pokemon into the Bank? Shouldn't it work like anything else, or was it specifically said somewhere legendaries can't be moved?
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe