This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blastoise kinda got the short stick, no?

#21ShadowHyugaPosted 9/4/2013 9:10:48 AM
Hierarchy225 posted...
ShadowHyuga posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
Mega Launcher ability boosts the power of all moves..

it doesnt say that

Oh sorry you're right. It boosts the power of Pulse moves.

the only thing im wondering now is will blastoise be able to learn dark pulse
---
Black 2 Skylar FC: 3826-7178-2787
#22RoyMaster4Posted 9/4/2013 9:12:39 AM
All 3 seem like in a good position.

Charizard is obviously ok with drought.
Blastoise is basically getting a free life orb along with a speed / attack boost. Its natural defenses allow it to take the hit, mega evolve and be in a great position.
Venusaur is the opposite of Blastoise - with Chlorophyll, it can go first to evolve and become tanky enough to take whatever is thrown at it.
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
3DS FC: 5026-4428-6076
#23nro87Posted 9/4/2013 9:13:47 AM
RoyMaster4 posted...

Blastoise is basically getting a free life orb along with a speed / attack boost. Its natural defenses allow it to take the hit, mega evolve and be in a great position.
Venusaur is the opposite of Blastoise - with Chlorophyll, it can go first to evolve and become tanky enough to take whatever is thrown at it.

Actually, I just checked the Pokémon X&Y site. It doesn't say anything about Blastoise getting stat increases.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#24AysanderPosted 9/4/2013 9:16:24 AM
Well, regardless, I'm sure Blastoise gets a boost too...not that he needs it too badly. isn't he still the most competitively viable of the kanto starters currently?
---
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Pokemon_Dark_Red/index/
#25ShadowHyugaPosted 9/4/2013 9:17:39 AM
nro87 posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...

Actually, I just checked the Pokémon X&Y site. It doesn't say anything about Blastoise getting stat increases.

it doesnt say anything yet
---
#26GastroidPosted 9/4/2013 9:23:48 AM(edited)
Blastoise would have been in a much better position if it had gotten a Steel typing.
---
Arbitoid
Fourth Generation Nanite-based Android Series
#27ShadowHyugaPosted 9/4/2013 9:19:42 AM
Gastroid posted...
Blastoise would have been in a much better position of it had gotten a Steel typing.

yea but we cant get everything we ask for
---
#28scrappybristol(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:35:47 AM
Aysander posted...
Well, regardless, I'm sure Blastoise gets a boost too...not that he needs it too badly. isn't he still the most competitively viable of the kanto starters currently?

Nah, Chlorophyll Venusaur is OU.
---
http://i.imgur.com/gcr3yHJ.png
scrappy by name, scrappy by reputation
#29nro87Posted 9/4/2013 10:18:02 AM
ShadowHyuga posted...
nro87 posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...

it doesnt say anything yet

Actually, it does. It lists all the stat increases on the other MegaEvolutions. Nothing about stat boosts on Blastoise.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#30Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 10:20:18 AM
Gastroid posted...
Blastoise would have been in a much better position if it had gotten a Steel typing.

I don't know, if Fighting type is still heavily prevalent this gen, it could end up slightly bad for Blastoise Megaevo getting such a typing.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.