This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

all the pokemon bank arguments are hilarious

#1Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 9/4/2013 8:04:43 AM
1- $5 dollars? $5 DOLLARS??? $5 DOLLARS!!!! IT SHOULD BE FREE!

2- how broke are you that you cant afford $5 dollars? huh? are you homeless? are you an irrational, ignorant, insecure idiot?

1- **** YOU IT SHOULD BE FREEEEEE!!!!!

2- servers cost money fool. no, it should not be free.

1- **** YOU I WANT MY FREE TRANSFERS! I HAVE ALL MY STUFF ON OLD GAMES!!!!

2- theres a free trial for 30 days. do all your transfers there and be done with it.

1- **** YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!! >=[

2- you're welcome.

and now the same argument in reverse.

1- $5 dollars! i'll happily pay for that! nintendo can do no wrong! i love pokemon so much, that i need to store 3,000 of my poke pals!

2- uhm, no, it should be free. pkmn files take up less than 200b. even multiplied by 3,000, thats barely even half a megabyte. cloud storage of that much is usually free.

1- but its a server! nintendo must pay to host the server!

2- uh, no. yes, they have to pay to provide the server, but the players shouldnt be a part of that. thats what they are supposed to do if they want to take care of their player base. dream world was free, and that was a server. did they ask us to pay a cent for dream world? nope. which is exactly why they are taking it down at X/Y release so they dont need to keep paying for it.

1- but its only $5! i need it!!! absolutely positively because i love pokemon and i love nintendo! i have $5 right now!!! i will give it to them yearly for absolutely no reason at all other than because they said so!

2- uh...

the way i see it, you are either down $5 yearly or not. of course i have to side with the "it should be free" people. whether it should be free or not is irrelevant. obviously if it was free, there would be no complaints.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#2Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 8:07:16 AM
Why do I see pure bias in opening post that pretends to have nothing to do with bias?

>.> Really now?
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#3Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:11:08 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Why do I see pure bias in opening post that pretends to have nothing to do with bias?

>.> Really now?

what?
---
#4Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 8:12:54 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

>.> Really now?

what?

You make it out as if you're proposing a neutral (fair) sided argument, and then at the bottom it becomes: Those proposing against free are nasty arrogant people and making the free argument look infinitely better in all regards. >.> Just saying.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5NarutoPosted 9/4/2013 8:14:11 AM(edited)
I'd gladly take ads on Pokemon Bank so it can be free.

Oh Nintendo, please tell people about your latest failing tablet console. I went to Staples to buy a Wii U game, they brought me the Wii version and the clerk was like,
"Uh, it's the same game."
I point to the picture on the flyer, "It's for Wii U, it has a blue bar on top."
"WTF is Wii U?" ... "We actually don't have that version in-store."
#6Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:13:39 AM
am i wrong? if it was free, would anyone be complaining?
---
#7KuzuryuSubaruPosted 9/4/2013 8:14:36 AM
A lot of people are angry because they want to use the transfer service, but to use it, you have to buy the PokeBank. What is the point of buying something you wont use?
#8Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 8:16:20 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
am i wrong? if it was free, would anyone be complaining?

People will complain about anything.

Just a comparison I made in another topic:

People will gladly spend over $40.00 a night at a theater to see a movie once, in comparison to a service that will last them a year at the costs of $5.00.

People have bad priorities, double standards, and love to complain about anything.
---
#9xXkewls0358Posted 9/4/2013 8:17:31 AM
I'll pay the 5 bucks no problem, no skin off my back. But the hassle over 5 bucks per year? That's pocket change loss, might as well had it as a free service. You'd be surprised how much annual/monthly fees turn people off, even if its a mere 99 cents or something. Nintendo/Gamefreak would have been better off fronting the pocket change and keeping a more positive outlook.
---
fEeD mEh!!1
#10Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 8:17:46 AM
KuzuryuSubaru posted...
A lot of people are angry because they want to use the transfer service, but to use it, you have to buy the PokeBank. What is the point of buying something you wont use?

You don't actually buy Poke'bank, you download the service and then pay if you want to use it. As it is worded now, the transfer option may come free with the initial download (which is a 0 charge, 0 balance) Nintendo hasn't been clear on said details which is the cause of the problem, but in the same stead, people are willing to damn it without all prior knowledge or information.
---