This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

all the pokemon bank arguments are hilarious

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. all the pokemon bank arguments are hilarious
2 years ago#21
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
am i wrong? if it was free, would anyone be complaining?

People will complain about anything.

Just a comparison I made in another topic:

People will gladly spend over $40.00 a night at a theater to see a movie once, in comparison to a service that will last them a year at the costs of $5.00.

People have bad priorities, double standards, and love to complain about anything.

on a movie date i can cop a feel, get tongue and such. if its a scary movie, there may be some chest involved.

on pokemon bank, im just down $5 for literally no reason and then people on the internet will insult me for being cheap. its a lose-lose. at least the movies are a win in some regard.

But you can do all of that without the need of going to a movie.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
2 years ago#22
Mewtwo_soul posted...
So in other words, if movies costed you $100.00 a night (which isn't far off) that's ok, because you can get romantic with a personal other, which you can currently do without having to spend dramatic prices on a movie?...

That's really not a good argument or counter argument in the slightest.

The fact that you're comparing movies that are made with budgets of tens of millions of dollars with hosting 1 MB of Pokemon data... what? Maybe you should pay GameFAQs 99 cents each time you make a post for wasting bandwidth. DERP.
2 years ago#23
Naruto posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
So in other words, if movies costed you $100.00 a night (which isn't far off) that's ok, because you can get romantic with a personal other, which you can currently do without having to spend dramatic prices on a movie?...

The fact that you're comparing movies that are made with budgets of tens of millions of dollars with hosting 1 MB of Pokemon data... what? Maybe you should pay GameFAQs 99 cents each time you make a post for wasting bandwidth. DERP.

People on this site can't make analogies for s***.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
2 years ago#24
Mewtwo_soul posted...

well no, because at $40.00 for 2 movie tickets, its ok. thats cheaper than buying some fresh meat off the street. at $100 its a issue.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
2 years ago#25
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Naruto posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

People on this site can't make analogies for s***.

which is the point of this topic!
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
2 years ago#26
Mewtwo_soul posted...

well no, because at $40.00 for 2 movie tickets, its ok. thats cheaper than buying some fresh meat off the street. at $100 its a issue.

Most people pay for food subsidies and other services within the theater. The average spending at one movie (with all that factored) is $40.00.

That's crazy, and prices are rising at many theaters. (For instance some theaters charge 8.75 on weekends, and $6.00 during weekdays.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
2 years ago#27
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

People will gladly spend over $40.00 a night at a theater to see a movie once, in comparison to a service that will last them a year at the costs of $5.00.

People have bad priorities, double standards, and love to complain about anything.

on a movie date i can cop a feel, get tongue and such. if its a scary movie, there may be some chest involved.

on pokemon bank, im just down $5 for literally no reason and then people on the internet will insult me for being cheap. its a lose-lose. at least the movies are a win in some regard.

Yea paying for that stuff is prostitution or marriage. You should put a ring on it (which cost $200 for a cheap looking one)

Yea screw it who needs love when you got pokemon?
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
2 years ago#28
Naruto posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

The point is not about what it is, the point is that people will spend dramatic amounts of money for a one time event (which you can do other things for dates, dates isn't even a part of the comparison. It's silly to add that in) And secondly, something does not have to be the exact same thing to compare or contrast in a situation.

Otherwise the old, "What's the difference between a raven and a writing pen" would make no damn sense.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
2 years ago#29
javel34 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Yea paying for that stuff is prostitution or marriage. You should put a ring on it (which cost $200 for a cheap looking one)

Yea screw it who needs love when you got pokemon?

You don't have to pay for a movie to get married. You don't have to go to a movie to have a date.

These comparisons are idiotic at best. Just stop.
---
2 years ago#30
Mewtwo_soul posted...

That's sad. There are many ways to do this without spending so much money on a movie for one night. You can do this in the bedroom for free, for as many days as you want.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. all the pokemon bank arguments are hilarious

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived