This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

all the pokemon bank arguments are hilarious

#21NiftyManZPosted 9/4/2013 9:36:37 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
am i wrong? if it was free, would anyone be complaining?

People will complain about anything.

Just a comparison I made in another topic:

People will gladly spend over $40.00 a night at a theater to see a movie once, in comparison to a service that will last them a year at the costs of $5.00.

People have bad priorities, double standards, and love to complain about anything.

on a movie date i can cop a feel, get tongue and such. if its a scary movie, there may be some chest involved.

on pokemon bank, im just down $5 for literally no reason and then people on the internet will insult me for being cheap. its a lose-lose. at least the movies are a win in some regard.

But you can do all of that without the need of going to a movie.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#22NarutoPosted 9/4/2013 9:42:06 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
So in other words, if movies costed you $100.00 a night (which isn't far off) that's ok, because you can get romantic with a personal other, which you can currently do without having to spend dramatic prices on a movie?...

That's really not a good argument or counter argument in the slightest.

The fact that you're comparing movies that are made with budgets of tens of millions of dollars with hosting 1 MB of Pokemon data... what? Maybe you should pay GameFAQs 99 cents each time you make a post for wasting bandwidth. DERP.
#23KeeperOfShadowsPosted 9/4/2013 9:43:35 AM
Naruto posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
So in other words, if movies costed you $100.00 a night (which isn't far off) that's ok, because you can get romantic with a personal other, which you can currently do without having to spend dramatic prices on a movie?...

The fact that you're comparing movies that are made with budgets of tens of millions of dollars with hosting 1 MB of Pokemon data... what? Maybe you should pay GameFAQs 99 cents each time you make a post for wasting bandwidth. DERP.

People on this site can't make analogies for s***.
---
A voice of reason, in a chaotic realm.
"Are you angry? Do you hate me?"
#24Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:56:29 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

well no, because at $40.00 for 2 movie tickets, its ok. thats cheaper than buying some fresh meat off the street. at $100 its a issue.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#25Tatakai-No-Kami(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:59:35 AM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Naruto posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

People on this site can't make analogies for s***.

which is the point of this topic!
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#26Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 10:02:36 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

well no, because at $40.00 for 2 movie tickets, its ok. thats cheaper than buying some fresh meat off the street. at $100 its a issue.

Most people pay for food subsidies and other services within the theater. The average spending at one movie (with all that factored) is $40.00.

That's crazy, and prices are rising at many theaters. (For instance some theaters charge 8.75 on weekends, and $6.00 during weekdays.)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#27javel34Posted 9/4/2013 10:03:18 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

People will gladly spend over $40.00 a night at a theater to see a movie once, in comparison to a service that will last them a year at the costs of $5.00.

People have bad priorities, double standards, and love to complain about anything.

on a movie date i can cop a feel, get tongue and such. if its a scary movie, there may be some chest involved.

on pokemon bank, im just down $5 for literally no reason and then people on the internet will insult me for being cheap. its a lose-lose. at least the movies are a win in some regard.

Yea paying for that stuff is prostitution or marriage. You should put a ring on it (which cost $200 for a cheap looking one)

Yea screw it who needs love when you got pokemon?
---
Black 2 FC: 3569 1730 6208 She would return every so often. Her lips tasted like tragedy, but he could never forget her. How could he when she was always near?
#28Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 10:04:11 AM
Naruto posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

The point is not about what it is, the point is that people will spend dramatic amounts of money for a one time event (which you can do other things for dates, dates isn't even a part of the comparison. It's silly to add that in) And secondly, something does not have to be the exact same thing to compare or contrast in a situation.

Otherwise the old, "What's the difference between a raven and a writing pen" would make no damn sense.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#29Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 10:05:02 AM
javel34 posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...

Yea paying for that stuff is prostitution or marriage. You should put a ring on it (which cost $200 for a cheap looking one)

Yea screw it who needs love when you got pokemon?

You don't have to pay for a movie to get married. You don't have to go to a movie to have a date.

These comparisons are idiotic at best. Just stop.
---
#30ExcIusivity69Posted 9/4/2013 10:16:33 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...

That's sad. There are many ways to do this without spending so much money on a movie for one night. You can do this in the bedroom for free, for as many days as you want.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote