This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The overreaction to the $5 annual fee is quite ridiculous.

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 9/4/2013 8:24:14 AM(edited)
While I understand how people have an aversion to the principal behind it, it really isn't that huge of an issue. This is a unique service that will likely be used for every future Pokemon games. We'll no longer have to be concerned about the potential lack of non-transferable pokemon from other generations.

Remember, this is a completely optional service. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. Honestly, a $5 annual fee is completely reasonable for this. It costs money to maintain servers and cloud is kinda expensive. They're providing a free trial of Pokemon Bank until January 2014. This is ample time for people to determine if they like the service or not. Don't like it and don't want to pay for it? That's perfectly fine, you can still transfer any pokemon you want for free for two months then you can move on.

It's quite silly how people are livid over this. The amount of people cancelling their preorder now is simultaneously sad and funny. :-)
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#2NeonDragon9000Posted 9/4/2013 8:23:06 AM
Actually, I hope more people cancel their pre-orders. Means my spot in the queue will go up quite a bit.
---
"Microsoft is not a helicopter." ~Gerald Ilukwe
#3SalsaSavantPosted 9/4/2013 8:24:01 AM
No one has a problem with cloud fees.
It's that you have to pay for transferring, when they could have made an offline option for transferring, even if it wouldn't have been as efficient.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#4Hierarchy225Posted 9/4/2013 8:24:59 AM
Its all about the Lincolns.

http://i.imgur.com/JsiZsrj.jpg
---
The Official Lucario of the Pokemon X Board // Power of Friendship is OP
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#5NarutoPosted 9/4/2013 8:25:02 AM
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Actually, I hope more people cancel their pre-orders. Means my spot in the queue will go up quite a bit.

Queue? I'm sorry, did I drop into the PS4 board? Don't worry, I'm sure Sony's use of off the shelf PC parts will mean they'll have enough for November 15th.
#6DarkKirby2500Posted 9/4/2013 8:26:16 AM
SalsaSavant posted...
It's that you have to pay for transferring, when they could have made an offline option for transferring, even if it wouldn't have been as efficient.

How is that not obvious to everyone.

I am willing to bet 99% (or at least a huge majority) of players will have no need for online Pokemon cloud storage, even competitive players. They only want to transfer game to game.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#7NewbieN00bPosted 9/4/2013 8:27:12 AM
SalsaSavant posted...

I bet they did that so hacks couldn't be transferred. Still annoying, even though I actually plan on using this XD
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#8Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:32:12 AM
SalsaSavant posted...

I agree, that would have made more sense. Still, refinements can be made and due to this overreaction I have a feeling Nintendo will probably dispose of the fee all together.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png No Justice! No Peace! 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#9Megaman OmegaPosted 9/4/2013 8:35:39 AM
It's always the same. First, everyone complains about Nintendo not having DLC, patches, online infrastructure, and so on. When it finally happens, everyone complains because it's not free, despite it not being free with the competition either.
---
Uncharted wasn't even made by Sony. Why use that as an example when we're talking about first party games? - talesfan215
#10StevenDrkPrincePosted 9/4/2013 8:36:20 AM
NeonDragon9000 posted...

---
3DS FC: 4296-3067-2375 - $teven
"War. War never changes."