This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The overreaction to the $5 annual fee is quite ridiculous.

#11DarkKirby2500Posted 9/4/2013 9:39:04 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
No one has a problem with cloud fees.
It's that you have to pay for transferring, when they could have made an offline option for transferring, even if it wouldn't have been as efficient.

I agree, that would have made more sense. Still, refinements can be made and due to this overreaction I have a feeling Nintendo will probably dispose of the fee all together.

I highly doubt that. I think the 1 month free trail is the excuse for why it's not stopping people from "just transferring". Even though the issue remains, I don't want to feel rushed, I just want to know months down the line, if I need something from a past game I can just get it, not have to worry about a fee because I didn't spend hours transferring tons of Pokemon at once.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#12DarkKirby2500Posted 9/4/2013 9:48:01 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
It's always the same. First, everyone complains about Nintendo not having DLC, patches, online infrastructure, and so on. When it finally happens, everyone complains because it's not free, despite it not being free with the competition either.

Nobody complained about lack of DLC or free DLC. Of the Nintendo DLC that I know of, I personally feel is too expensive.

Nintendo is STILL horrible with patches. They took 7 months to patch a online ruining glitch in Mario Kart 7, and at first they claimed they would just never fix it with the poor excuse of messing with time trial times.

And Fire Emblem (as much as I enjoy it) still has bugs they just didn't fix. These are big name 1st party Nintendo games, them not fixing bugs and glitches just shows how little they care after they already have your money.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#13Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 9:49:46 AM
DarkKirby2500 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
It's always the same. First, everyone complains about Nintendo not having DLC, patches, online infrastructure, and so on. When it finally happens, everyone complains because it's not free, despite it not being free with the competition either.

Nobody complained about lack of DLC or free DLC. Of the Nintendo DLC that I know of, I personally feel is too expensive.

Nintendo is STILL horrible with patches. They took 7 months to patch a online ruining glitch in Mario Kart 7, and at first they claimed they would just never fix it with the poor excuse of messing with time trial times.

And Fire Emblem (as much as I enjoy it) still has bugs they just didn't fix. These are big name 1st party Nintendo games, them not fixing bugs and glitches just shows how little they care after they already have your money.

Actually that's not true. Many people have pinned for Nintendo having DLC since the statementso n OoT having extra dungeons that were never finalized were mentioned.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#14Black_AssassinPosted 9/4/2013 9:53:32 AM
Megaman Omega posted...

Valve.
---
lowercase
#15Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 9:54:33 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Valve.

Not on 360.

Maybe on Steam, but overall Valve in general is not free.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#16DarkKirby2500Posted 9/4/2013 9:57:41 AM
Black_Assassin posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Valve.

Steam is the example of digital purchases done right. It was screwed up at 1st with requiring an always online connection and severely limiting the amount of times a game could be downloaded, but they discovered not choking their customers with a short leash actually encouraged sales.

It puts deathly afraid of piracy Nintendo's tied to consoles digital purchases to shame.
---
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#17NinjaKitsunePosted 9/4/2013 10:29:06 AM
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Black_Assassin posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Valve.

Not on 360.

Something tells me that's microsoft's fault and not Valve's.
---
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."
#18Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 10:30:34 AM
NinjaKitsune posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Black_Assassin posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Valve.

Not on 360.

Something tells me that's microsoft's fault and not Valve's.

I'd say a mix. Because although Microsoft said they had to charge, they didn't have to charge $5.00, they could have went for $1.00 per DLC, but they didn't.
---