This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Burst mode.

#1FenriLokiPosted 9/4/2013 8:36:17 AM
I mean, really. At first it was only a loose connection, but now, basically they're running around with wrist Digivice Bursts. Also, mega pokemon are far more analogous with burst mode digimon than mega(ULTIMATE) digimon.

...Not that it matters much. Being able to make fun of the things you love is an important fan trait
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#2Kinneth123Posted 9/4/2013 8:37:28 AM
You say this as if it's bad.

I'd take being compared to Digimon as a compliment.

Digiarmor energize and all that jazz.
---
3DS FC: 1332-8189-4231
#3hyperdimeduckPosted 9/4/2013 8:38:16 AM
I'm remined more of the bankais from Bleach then anything else. Yes I am a nerd.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Kintoki-Doji and Isabeau of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#4InhaledCornPosted 9/4/2013 8:38:20 AM
Really.

People are making comparisons when they have no idea how to make them properly. *snort/glasses adjust*

But, no, seriously, Mega Evolutions are basically a "Burst" mode for Pokemon. I'm not complaining about it because I know there are a lot of Pokemon that need this in order to keep up with the power creep of Gen V.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#5FenriLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:40:58 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
Really.

People are making comparisons when they have no idea how to make them properly. *snort/glasses adjust*

But, no, seriously, Mega Evolutions are basically a "Burst" mode for Pokemon. I'm not complaining about it because I know there are a lot of Pokemon that need this in order to keep up with the power creep of Gen V.

I'm not complaining; I'm just pointing out a more accurate comparison. And making fun of it because I find it a little funny. I don't have a problem with them. I actually rather like Mega Charizard. And I really don't like charizard that much.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#6Flame552Posted 9/4/2013 8:41:32 AM
hyperdimeduck posted...
I'm remined more of the bankais from Bleach then anything else. Yes I am a nerd.

I was actually thinking of the SUPAA MODE from G Gundum.

http://youtu.be/zp_1l-AO3Qk
#7Shadow_StarWolfPosted 9/4/2013 8:44:59 AM
There's even no Mega in Digimon to begin with.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!