This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People are jumping ahead of themselves.

#1Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/4/2013 9:41:47 AM
"Transfer service costs!"

Uh, where does it say this in what we know?:

Each download of Pokémon Bank comes with the special app called Poké Transporter which allows for the transfer of Pokémon from Generation V games to Generation VI,

As far as I read it's no different than an app I have on my computer.

When I downloaded the app it has an offered service, that comes with a "free game." Now, I can play the game free, and I didn't have to pay for the service.

The only thing is the app must be downloaded, but again, downloading an app does not equate to paying for the service on the app.

So although this does NOT confirm what I'm saying, do not pretend it confirms the other, because so far the way it is worded is exactly that "Download bank, get transporter function with bank." It does not say "Pay for bank service, get access to Transporter function"k

---

Now before someone goes : "Why have it with the service app in the first place?" General advertisement. Same thing as that game/service app I have. In marketing if your advertisements exist within reach of the potential customer it may make them want it or they may give in and purchase said service later on.

"Why not word it differently." Probably Nintendo assumed most of us have experience with apps, and know such things exist. (Service apps with free available games or other funcitons.")

---

To reiterate, do not jump ahead of yourself just yet.

I don't know how many times on the Pokemon boards we get information do the same thing and then everyone is fine with said "statements." Because they weren't what we thought they were originally, and I would advise everyone to do the same thing do.

Do not assume the transfer will not be free, or potentially free as listed.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#2Meta289Posted 9/4/2013 9:43:15 AM
Poke Transporter transfers Pokemon directly into the Pokemon Bank box, meaning that you have to use Pokemon Bank.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#3brawl__08Posted 9/4/2013 9:44:24 AM
I was only asking in the thread I made. I'm not going to denounce Nintendo or The Pokemon Company or Game Freak for something I'm not certain of.

Still, if transfers do require payment, I will definitely voice my complaints.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#4Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:45:27 AM
Meta289 posted...
Poke Transporter transfers Pokemon directly into the Pokemon Bank box, meaning that you have to use Pokemon Bank.

It may be considered seperate though. The bank boxes in the standard service are for holding, the Transporter temporarily holds them and then sends them over.

That's the difference.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#5QueskerPosted 9/4/2013 9:49:51 AM
Yeah, the whole "PokeTransfer" is rather confusing. I'm not so sure myself. Hopefully it's a separate free app that merely allows you to transfer and nothing more.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#6Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:51:08 AM
Quesker posted...
Yeah, the whole "PokeTransfer" is rather confusing. I'm not so sure myself. Hopefully it's a separate free app that merely allows you to transfer and nothing more.

I think that's what most people are hoping for, but we'll have to see.
---
#7jayman7Posted 9/4/2013 9:54:39 AM
The Nintendo Direct, in no uncertain terms, put at the bottom of the screen that you must have an activated Pokemon Bank account in order to use the Pokemon Transporter. So yeah, outside the free month, all evidence is that you must pay.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8Mewtwo_soul(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 9:57:19 AM
jayman7 posted...
The Nintendo Direct, in no uncertain terms, put at the bottom of the screen that you must have an activated Pokemon Bank account in order to use the Pokemon Transporter. So yeah, outside the free month, all evidence is that you must pay.

Meh, that changes things. In that case I hope Nintendo ends up changing that (since we're prior to release) , but we'll have to see.
---
#9brawl__08Posted 9/4/2013 10:05:24 AM
jayman7 posted...

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/Brawl08/Reaction%20Images/1374796408837_zps10edcfe5.png

Disgusting.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif