This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The number one complaint about the Bank...

#1Kabuto_YPosted 9/4/2013 8:45:43 AM
Is that they could've easily made a free offline mode for transferring their Pokemon.

If you agree with this, can you do me a favor? Think back to E3. It was only about 5 months ago. They had a roundtable with Devs for X and Y. If you don't remember, you can find an article with the video here:

http://www.destructoid.com/catch-a-glimpse-of-last-night-s-pokemon-roundtable-256194.phtml

One important thing I want to cite from this article:
"It all looks great, but the only thing that concerns me at this point is that Nintendo didn't have a true answer to the question 'will we be able to transfer Pokemon from the previous generation to X and Y?'"

Not *how* they transfer, but the question 5 months ago was *whether* they could even do it. The hardware constraints have actually been that big of a barrier this time around. The original DS was built to be able to communicate on a basic level with GBA games inserted at the same time, and allowing DS games to communicate with each other is easy. But the 3DS was made to emulate the DS games, not communicate with them.

And now that they've got a method that allows you to do it for free at the start of the generation, and is finally future proof for subsequent generations, you find it unreasonable that they charge $5 a year for the service?

tl:dr They couldn't easily make an offline game in this generation like they did with the previous two.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica
#2Meta289Posted 9/4/2013 8:48:35 AM
Except that Dream Radar has shown that it is possible for a 3DS application to affect a DS game. They could have made an app that takes the Pokemon from the DS game, and holds them until you pick them up in your 3DS game.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#3Kabuto_Y(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 8:53:35 AM(edited)
Meta289 posted...
Except that Dream Radar has shown that it is possible for a 3DS application to affect a DS game. They could have made an app that takes the Pokemon from the DS game, and holds them until you pick them up in your 3DS game.

You've seen them being able to take data and then send it down. What you haven't seen is it taking data up, and then most importantly, holding it.

Furthermore, any app would only be a temporary solution, as opposed to the future-proof one we have now.
---
3DS FC: 2449-4620-4409
AC town name: 'Murrica