This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying a 3DS for this

#1War_God_IconPosted 9/4/2013 9:59:02 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a used 3DS XL for this game. I was wondering what is the SD card for since used ones don't seem to come with it? Do I need them for saving is the big question and would one of these works instead: http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flash-Memory-TS16GSDHC10E/dp/B003VNKNEQ/ref=pd_bxgy_p_img_y

I think I'd like the bigger screen so while I'm going to used to save money I think I'l get the XL.
#2NarutoPosted 9/4/2013 9:59:52 AM
If you're going to buy used, might as well get a 2DS...
#3War_God_Icon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:03:04 AM
Naruto posted...

What's that supposed mean...I purchased a used PSP 7 years ago and it still works like new today after hundreds of hours of Monster Hunter abuse.
#4EstheimasterPosted 9/4/2013 10:10:06 AM
War_God_Icon posted...
Naruto posted...

What's that supposed mean...I purchased a used PSP 7 years ago and it still works like new today after hundreds of hours of Monster Hunter abuse.

He's saying that if you want a system just to play X/Y, then get a 2DS. It's probably cheaper than a 3DS Xl that's used and comes completely brand new. You're sacrificing the 3D and the shape with the 2DS, but if it's just a device to play Pokemon than you'll save money.

If you're getting a 3DS to play other 3DS games, use the 3D to the fullest (or at all), and want to close the system, then of course get a 3DS, either Xl, regular, used or not. I guess a used Xl will probably be better than a 2DS, but it'll also be more expensive.

Basically, if you're getting used to save money, buy a 2DS, but if you want a high end system, go 3DS xl.

SD cards save data from the 3DS system such as apps, games, Miis, and DLC. It's not necessary to play a game, but it store Streetpass and Spotpass data on it that enhances the experience. Without one, you won't be able to use the PSS (Player Search System) or transfer old Pokemon into your game.
---
The Official Bulbasaur of Pokemon X's board
Bowser Jr, T Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Pittoo, Isaac, Shulk, Mewtwo, Robin, Balloon Fight, Crono, Mii, Megaman, Neku
#5War_God_Icon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 10:20:33 AM
Estheimaster posted...
War_God_Icon posted...
Naruto posted...

He's saying that if you want a system just to play X/Y, then get a 2DS. It's probably cheaper than a 3DS Xl that's used and comes completely brand new. You're sacrificing the 3D and the shape with the 2DS, but if it's just a device to play Pokemon than you'll save money.

If you're getting a 3DS to play other 3DS games, use the 3D to the fullest (or at all), and want to close the system, then of course get a 3DS, either Xl, regular, used or not. I guess a used Xl will probably be better than a 2DS, but it'll also be more expensive.

Basically, if you're getting used to save money, buy a 2DS, but if you want a high end system, go 3DS xl.

SD cards save data from the 3DS system such as apps, games, Miis, and DLC. It's not necessary to play a game, but it store Streetpass and Spotpass data on it that enhances the experience. Without one, you won't be able to use the PSS (Player Search System) or transfer old Pokemon into your game.

That 2DS just looks like a hunk of crap...and...it...can't...close. Wouldn't do that even to save money. Getting a 3DS for this game is obligatory, but I've heard a new MH is coming to the system and heck I could probably get into animal crossing.

So Pokemon X and Y, no 3D capabilities?