This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As cool as it is that kanto starters are back...

#1Coryo61827Posted 9/4/2013 10:09:12 AM
When in the world will charmander, bulbasaur, and squirtle finally be catchable in the wild!? Lol. You'd think that after so many generations they'd finally be like "ok guys, lets just start putting them in the wild". Make them a little rare, but still.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#2Radbot42Posted 9/4/2013 10:10:52 AM
that would be a nice surprise. Maybe they will do this to one of the games starters. But at the same time the starters are almost like legendaries.
---
This is my NIGHTMARE!
Pokemon White FC: 1765 3935 9538
#3KogaSteelfangPosted 9/4/2013 10:12:24 AM
My only guess is that most starters are either extinct in the wild, or are super ultra rare with tiny habitats that are incredibly hard to find/get too.

It'd explain why the professor's have them(Studying rare pokemon), and why it'd make such a great gift for someone without a pokemon yet.
I'd like to see what kinds of places they lived in, but I feel adding them in as wild pokemon would be too odd at this point.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#4ExcIusivity69Posted 9/5/2013 11:37:38 AM(edited)
KogaSteelfang posted...
My only guess is that most starters are either extinct in the wild, or are super ultra rare with tiny habitats that are incredibly hard to find/get too.

It'd explain why the professor's have them(Studying rare pokemon), and why it'd make such a great gift for someone without a pokemon yet.
I'd like to see what kinds of places they lived in, but I feel adding them in as wild pokemon would be too odd at this point.

Pal Park was a pretty nice clue as to where starters, fossils, eeveelutions, gifts, etc could potentially be living in the wild. As for being extinct in the wild, and super rare, then it would make sense. They come out male most of the time, so it's not surprising... However, the male only species like Tauros.... Now that's a mystery.
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#5CypherSkillsPosted 9/5/2013 11:41:38 AM
I know the anime doesnt equal the games but there was some episode where a guy ran a sort of nature preserve hidden in the forest for mudkips. He breeded them and sent them off to the professor when they were ready.
---
3DS: 4167 4495 4377
#6SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 9/5/2013 11:43:18 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Profesor+Oak_1e8f77_4550939.jpg
#7reannamatorPosted 9/6/2013 5:28:07 PM
KogaSteelfang posted...

Perhaps they're only bred in reservations?
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#8TranquilSeaPosted 9/6/2013 5:29:10 PM
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...

Hilarious.
---
you know the closer you get to something
the tougher it is to see it
#9Sloth9230Posted 9/6/2013 5:32:23 PM
We only ever explore grass, maybe starters live deep in the woods XD
#10SuperRup91Posted 9/6/2013 5:39:48 PM
SOLDIER_Bankai posted...

"The three pokemon I give you at the start of the game- Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charizard..."